Sold Toaster, leaving..

• a LED, just like any other diode, is an analog part ;)

Thank you so much dear Don.Finally..learning this on internet I can do what I wanted to since the early 80s..fitting my old JCM800 with hundreds of analog LEDs..Marshall Disco..and it will be still "analog",what a good day.
    <X:D

• I totally understand where OP comes from, still often dragging my amp to gigs like a dinosaur. I notice the modelling game can quickly provide gratifying sounds in an isolated situation but by playing through this all the time, I guess many players become unaware or de-sensitized to where their instrument needs to fit in the frequency spectrum. I just spent a few days going through stuff on RE and I am surprised to see how so many rigs, despite high ratings, are just not tailored to sit well in a live mix. Some of us would learn a lot about this by listening to isolated guitar tracks in well-known recordings. This is why when I see producers like M. Wagener doing profiles I try not to judge quickly and study his tweaks instead, these folks are world-class professional and their conception of how guitar is supposed to sound is super valuable.

• OP stated that the KPA is good gear.So why all this fire;

I would also like to say that "I always hear with my ears" but that would be a lie.And I dont like hypocrisy.I know I will always blame it on the digital way of doing things if I dont like the sound while playing a modeler.And I know I am not the only one.I guess this is the same for most guys out there who played for decades their tube amps.

After all digital gear in music appeared to make musicians life easier,no;To save weight,space,get more flexibility etc..and it is not like digital gear did this during the first decades of its existance.It just starts to do this right now..at least soundwise.So I guess a little bit more "patience" with all the other guys who have difficulties to accept this is not a bad idea.

• Thank you so much dear Don.Finally..learning this on internet I can do what I wanted to since the early 80s..fitting my old JCM800 with hundreds of analog LEDs..Marshall Disco..and it will be still "analog",what a good day.
    <X:D

yeah, not sure what to make if this.
    The facts are what they are, not sure about your intentions here,
    but I do find your tone maybe a bit condescending/irritating.

If this thread continues to decline, it will be locked.

• OP stated that the KPA is good gear.So why all this fire;

I would also like to say that "I always hear with my ears" but that would be a lie.And I dont like hypocrisy.I know I will always blame it on the digital way of doing things if I dont like the sound while playing a modeler.And I know I am not the only one.I guess this is the same for most guys out there who played for decades their tube amps.

After all digital gear in music appeared to make musicians life easier,no;To save weight,space,get more flexibility etc..and it is not like digital gear did this during the first decades of its existance.It just starts to do this right now..at least soundwise.So I guess a little bit more "patience" with all the other guys who have difficulties to accept this is not a bad idea.

Fair point, Nikos.

• yeah, not sure what to make if this.
    The facts are what they are, not sure about your intentions here,
    but I do find your tone maybe a bit condescending/irritating.

If this thread continues to decline, it will be locked.

Well..the feelings are mutual dear @don Peterson

This is not the first time you "chimed in" posting stuff to me that made me asking myself what this has to do with the discussion and the issue I am talking about.I can remember another occasion when I just wanted to discuss recording with pure cab and you again chimed in with a very paternalistic style like "just trust your ears and dont ask"..that was more or less the end of the disussion back then.

As for "locking" down the threads I participate..I will answer with the most simple way:If I have the impression that my comments are not welcomed I will leave.In a minute.

Greetings

• To the OP,

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Just remember to rock on!

On the subject of LED's, they are analog devices per the definition of an analog device. If you put more current through them, they get brighter. They are not an ON/OFF switch despite the general usage of them (which is USUALLY on/off). They are also not linearly brighter at a linearly higher current.

For those that are interested, LED's are used in nearly every foot controller. The LED shines through a piece of plastic. The plastic is darker as it moves through the gap between the LED and the receiver. As you rock your foot back on the pedal, more or less light reaches the receiver. Some circuitry is used to amplify the resultant output and either your volume goes up, or your wah changes center frequency (or fill in the blank).

• Thanks for all the comment's guys, the KPA is good gear -as stated before..- it's just me and my ears and playing.. lets don't make this a discussion about the KPA being digital or not etc. etc. its just a me telling I'm leaving and giving a reason for it!

Ps. oyhaa i know that the Roland is no tube amp of course. :rolleyes: . that why i used it with the KPA, for its good clean tone.. I'm know back with a (heavy :/ ) tube amp...not being the Roland ;)

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

• Hey nixxo13,

Best of luck to you. And enjoy your choices. Do whatever moves you musically. Besides you can always come back if you like.

I love my Kemper but I still understand the beauty of an amp (that you love) is in its simplicity. There's a lot to be said for that. Less fiddling around, more playing. One of the problems with advanced technology can be "option anxiety" ... too many choices.

Anyway - keep on playing, fare thee well and maybe we'll see you again!