Rig Manager update 1.5.40 and access to KPA

• Hello,
    I installed the Rig Manager 1.5.40 now it asks me to upgrade my OS 3.2.1.11625 to 3.3 to access my rigs

I don't want to risk to lose my profiles, I didn't know I couldn't access anymore my KPA so I didn't backup before installing.

I would go back to Rig Manager 1.31 (for backing up) but it isn't available for download on the Kemper website (is there another way to download it?).

What do you suggest?
    Do I risk to lose my rigs ;( ?
    If not, is it worth upgrading to OS 3.3 or is it buggy ?

Thank You
    Daniele

• I did not loose something and I could continue to work as before.
    Don't think there is a risk for update.

But anyway for each modification of the Operationssystem it is highly recommended to save you KPA content to a USB stick.

• Thanks everybody for your help.

I downgraded to Rig Manager 1.3.5 but it keeps giving the msg "Rig Manager needs to be updated. For more information, please point your browser to: http://www.kemperamps.com/start" so I am forced to upgrade my Rig Manager and, consequenty, my OS. I just hope that the new one hasn't big bugs.

Because I work with my profiles, I don't like to risk, I'll go for the System USB stick backup before upgrading.
    Your help was really precius.
    This community is unbelievable :)
    Daniele

I downgraded to Rig Manager 1.3.5 but it keeps giving the msg "Rig Manager needs to be updated. For more information, please point your browser to: http://www.kemperamps.com/start" so I am forced to upgrade my Rig Manager and, consequenty, my OS. I just hope that the new one hasn't big bugs.

Because I work with my profiles, I don't like to risk, I'll go for the System USB stick backup before upgrading.
    Daniele

Yeah! I find the Kemper community very supportive too. Cheers to us! ^^

• I just don't understand why should I be forced to upgrade to a beta OS in order to keep using Rig Manager to manage my rigs (Rig Manager is necessary to manage rigs and profiles)
    ?(:thumbdown:

• I thought that too, but it really is ok. I would however, always stick to a backup policy and when deleting profiles from the Kemper, do it directly and not by Rig Manager, since this can save a lot of time.

• I just don't understand why should I be forced to upgrade to a beta OS in order to keep using Rig Manager to manage my rigs (Rig Manager is necessary to manage rigs and profiles)
    ?(:thumbdown:

I thought the same thing originally. After using OS 3.3 for awhile, I haven't had any problems and I've come to the conclusion that it's stable.

Maybe you did not read the information from Kemper.
    They informed that the Beta 3.3. version is ready to download. To use the RM for the new OS it is necessary to update also RM.(due other filesystem)
    You was going the wrong direction ;)
    But no sorrows this version is stabil :)

Very soon we hope for the release of Vers 4.0 is which is longingly awaited by many user. :rolleyes:

• I just wanted to go on using the old RM with the old OS.

Instead, as soon as I had an internet connection (that I hadn't for several weeks) the RM doesn't connect anymore with my Kemper and I am forced to upgrade both.
    Lucky enough I'm at home with plenty of time and internet but I usually play on cruise ships and I don't have time and enough internet band to download/upgrade/set/risk.
    Sorry sometimes my english isn't just enough.. I believe I wasn't clear in my previous post.
    It seems everything fine now so it is ok and... thanks again :)

Daniele

I'm running RM 1.5.16 and OS 3.1.4.11421 with zero issues, so if I can run this with my OS you shouldn't have to update to 3.2.1.

If you're not there already, you may have to run the 3.1.4 version I'm using, but at least you'd be avoiding 3.3; that's after all what you're trying to do.

the only person who's forcing you to do something is you. don't change the system if you don't like to. and if you change it, make sure you _read_ the documentation before you do so. if you update rig manager or the profiler operating system, chances are that you have to update the other part as well. it says so on the website in the download section.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• the only person who's forcing you to do something is you. don't change the system if you don't like to. and if you change it, make sure you _read_ the documentation before you do so. if you update rig manager or the profiler operating system, chances are that you have to update the other part as well. it says so on the website in the download section.

Rig Manager popped up a message on the screen and asked me to upgrade in order to keep accessing the Kemper, It wasn't written in the message that I had to upgrade my OS as well.
    By the way I downgraded to Rig Manager 1.3.5 to access the old OS I had (3.2.11625) but it kept saying that I couldn't access my Kemper without upgrading. I upgraded Rig Manager and still couldn't access without upgrading the OS.
    Maybe I did something wrong or maybe the communication wasn't so clear, it seems from the answers to my post that other people felt the same as me....

The Kemper is great, you give a really good support and maybe I did a mistake or maybe someone else did. After all we're ALL humans, and I was just trying to understand and solve my problem, you sound a bit "pushy" please be nicer to someone who gave you his hard earned money and who's promoting your products to other people.

• Danides:

my point is: if you install software and you don't read the documentation which you can see before you download and install, don't blame the people who wrote the documentation for you. i'm not "pushy" here. i just disagree with you. i don't think we have forced you to do anything. we only have informed you that a newer software version is available.

you did no mistake at all, most of our users use our recent software offerings.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here