Turning the Kemper on/off while hooked up to main PA

• I've got a general question. If I'm at a gig and have everything all plugged into the Kemper and PA, if I turn the Kemper on, will that cause a loud "pop" over the PA if the channel isn't muted? Same question with shutting down. If my channel on the PA isn't muted, and I turn the PA off, will it cause a loud "pop"? My assumption is yes, it will. But I wanted to check and see if there was a way around it because we use so many different PA systems and sound guys, I'm not sure what they do in terms of shutting down their board as soon as gigs are over, etc.

I'm so used to tube amps that at the end of every gig, the first thing I do after I set my guitar down is turn the amp off. With a tube amp, it doesn't affect the front of house. But I'm guessing I won't be able to do that with the Kemper until after the sound guy has either muted the channel (and the monitors), or shut the amps down, correct?

Dumb question, I know. But I'd rather ask here than scare the life out of everyone at the end of the night when I turn my Kemper off and it sounds like a gunshot in the club.

• I always shut my monitor off first (habit). That's what I figured would be the case. But I wanted to ask just in case there was some crazy cool feature I didn't know about. I've already run into a few nice surprises with the Kemper that made me say "no way!", so I wouldn't have put it past CK to have found some genius way to magically get rid of the pop. LOL

• Sometimes I get a 'pop' out of the main outputs, sometimes it's just a very subtle 'tick'. I'm not running through a PA at gig volume level though, so I never worry about it.

• Also, I've found that ( in different bands ) if the masters are up and I leave the KPA on then someone kills the power before I get a chance to shut it down...

Does this create any issue with the KPA ? I assume it must ?

• Well, when I shut down the Kemper while still on the PA, O hear a sound like a big fart slowly leaving the Kemper (hard to explain it otherwise - I'm not joking). I have heard it somewhere in the past also with other electrical devices, but can't remember exactly. Glad I hear no pop :)

• Well, when I shut down the Kemper while still on the PA, O hear a sound like a big fart slowly leaving the Kemper (hard to explain it otherwise - I'm not joking). I have heard it somewhere in the past also with other electrical devices, but can't remember exactly. Glad I hear no pop :)

same for me: just a gentle whisper like sound (didn't want to use fart :) )...but if the team is getting it even better, wow: thumbs up!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Yep, mine pops when turning off too. I hear this transistor thump through my Matrix FR212.It's independent of master volume Each time it fair scares the cr*p out of me, especially after a late night noodling session (some people go visit the refrigerator at night - I go and noodle on the guitar- I'm already awake from the warm milk and cookies).

Truth is, I'm too lazy/dumb/forgetful/incompetent * to make a switch and put it between the Kemper out and the cabinet. Gettin' old I suppose :D

*delete as appropriate