Black Goop Session #3 clean sound

• Hi!

I have always been a fan of players like Lee Ritenour Carlos Allarendo and Luis Salinas. To play that style I've always been most comfortable playing a D-style sound as it is both warm and fat while still being distinctive.

I learned a trick from a Swedish jazz player on how to get a distinct but still darkish jazzier sound with a neck humbucker. Push the treble on the amp and decrease the tone control on the guitar. So when I was profiling a tried this and got, what I consider, a very good smooth jazz clean sound. Fat and warm without being too wolly which is often the case. It's also quite dynamic. If you play this profile without turning down the guitar tone it wills sound shrill.

[MEDIA=soundcloud][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media]

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/MEDIA]

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hey again, Larry Lee. :D

Excellent track; well done mate!

Lee's in town (Melbourne) for a 5-night stint at Bird's Basement. $74 a head from memory, I think.

Thanks for sharing mate. Couldn't find the BG session #3 profiles on the exchange or at your site. Are they available at all?

• Sounds great Mats

Thank you for lending your ears!

Hi MM!

Thanks for your kind words! The first 3 profiles I really like from the #3 session will soon be posted. Just finalizing the tweaks on the third one. I want them to be as good as I can make them.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Yes it's very Lee to my ears, as your playing & tone is very smooth.

Runing a neck pickup and dimed tone is the universal way to get a jazz tone indeed, it's even better on a hollow or semi hollow. This is how I build my jazzy tones on my packs, let me know if you want to test'em & I'll send my jazz & clean collection (send me your email in PM)

• Thank you, Mats. Look forward to trying them mate.

• yeah mats ...good playing and tone. i am going to check out this clean profile tonight at band rehearsal . also your black goop lead is feeling pretty good with my luke III musicman. i will try both out tonight. thanks for the profiles.

• Great tune.

Thanks, Skoczy!

yeah mats ...good playing and tone. i am going to check out this clean profile tonight at band rehearsal . also your black goop lead is feeling pretty good with my luke III musicman. i will try both out tonight. thanks for the profiles.

Hi Bob! The profiles you are playing are from session 1 if you found them at the Rig Exchange and from session 2 if you grabbed them from my own web site. The profiles from session #3 haven't been posted yet anywhere. So if you like the ones from sessions 1 and 2, I'm hoping you'll be even more pleased with the session 3 profiles.

Can't wait to try!

I have some paid work to do in the next few days but hope to be done editing soon.

Cheers,

Mats N