What don't you like about your KPA?

• Unfortunately, We don’t have any cabinets on stage… 90% of the time we use in ear monitors, but yes, a cabinet on stage would be another way around this.

Forgive my ignorance, but why would this make it more like a real amp in live? I use feedback with the KPA regularly ( sometimes not intentional of course) via a guitar cab.
    I don't have a freq out but I thought that gave it more control to create and hold feedback?

So no doubt it would be a great effect to have but isn't that the same for a real amp??

We don’t have cabinets on stage, 90% of the time we use in ear monitors… But you are right, a speaker cabinet on stage would be even better than the freq out for creating that real amplifier controlled feedback…

• For me there is something around global settings....I'd like to be able to easily add certain things to a whole performance...like transpose, rather than lock or individually assign..the high pass filter ( which I don;t use) could also be in that category.
    I also always use the 2:1 noise gate. I'd prefer that than the overall noise gate so being able to assign which noise gate to that effect...( not sure technically what the difference is!!

Same here. I think all of those belong in output. Then I could save them on a per output device level (e.g. I have outputs saved for headphones, studio monitors, PA speaker, and FRFR cab).

• I don't like that I don't have mine. A friend, who makes part of his living playing guitar, has had it for at least the past month while Kemper sorts out the problems with his rackmount KPA. Absence sure makes the heart grow fonder!

• I don't like that I don't have mine. A friend, who makes part of his living playing guitar, has had it for at least the past month while Kemper sorts out the problems with his rackmount KPA. Absence sure makes the heart grow fonder!

You lent out your Kemper? You're a generous man, Zap. They'll have to prise mine from my cold, dead fingers if they want to "borrow" it.

• I wish that the alt input, in the back, would function the same way (in regards to passing an uneffected signal out of the Direct Out to a tuner) as the front panel input.

So far that’s my only minor “complaint”.

Especially on a rack mounted unit, a rear panel input is highly desireable.

• I don’t like that it sounds so epic. I end up playing it too much! Should’ve just got a Helix so I could spend more time tweaking it

;):P8o

It all your profiles are too bassy, find better profile haha. Kemper is not making bass.

Seriously though, with new reverbs around the corner, my little laundry list of qualms is getting pretty short.

Top of the list would be:

• Built in studio EQ without using a slot
    • Trails in any slot, I love having a delay before the amp
    • More overdrive choices, but I usually switch profiles instead anyway.

All in all, I’m loving it.

• I wish that the alt input, in the back, would function the same way (in regards to passing an uneffected signal out of the Direct Out to a tuner) as the front panel input.

So far that’s my only minor “complaint”.

Especially on a rack mounted unit, a rear panel input is highly desireable.

I saw your rack pictures on the other thread. Could you get hold of an angled jack and then you wouldn't have to remove the cable when the lid is on?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7