What don't you like about your KPA?

• ONLY 2.

1) Tuner is way too slow for live band use. Need a MUCH faster response tuner. I need 8 seconds total to get everything in tune without having to wait for a bubble to stop moving. And forget the strobe thing.

2) Missing a Monitor Out PEQ.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

Edited once, last by HCarlH ().

• I don’t like the fact that you can’t profile noisy amps. Basically diming an amp is out of the question, because the profiling process can’t distinguish the hiss from its profiling noises. And noise gates are also out of the question, so a lot of really great settings are unachievable.

If something could be done in this respect, I think it would be massive, I can’t even profile channel 4 of my Diezel for a nice lead tone. And it’s not like I dimed it either,

• OK, here are a few things that could be improved:

- easier export (with renaming) of Rigs from Performance Mode to the Browse Pool
    - hardware: reversing the up/down arrows on Profiler Remote - you read from top to bottom (including the order of Performances in Rig Manager), the hardware should be consistent with that

Rig Manager:
    - does not recognise that different Rigs with the same name and different content are different - this should work the way Finder does, offering to replace an old version with a new one, cancel, or keep both (with the new one renamed automatically). The Browse pool should, by default, not allow duplicate names.
    - maintain sort order when switching between folders (works sometimes, but not consistently)
    - editing Performances is extremely buggy, unreliable
    - Rig Manager could be much improved just by adhering to Apple's Human Interface Guidelines for developers, by making its behaviour consistent with the behaviour you see everywhere else in macOS. Right now, it's more like a flaky, inconsistent, buggy Windows app that was half heartedly ported to macOS..

Stomps:
    - would be great if Fuzz stomps would be able to 'crap out' in the same way that real Fuzz pedals do. There are workarounds to get a similar effect (Bit crusher..), but the way real Fuzz pedals behave is still quite different

Looper
    - get an option to quantise loops automatically to BPM/tap tempo - this would make it much easier to get start/stop points right, especially when using it in a band context

• It would be so nice to have better reverbs, yes… I play with a guy who uses a helix and the reverbs in that thing are just absolutely stunning! My amplifier tones are better than his, but the reverbs, not so good…
    More accurate profiling for high gain tones would also be nice…
    The only other thing that would be nice ( with powered KPA ) is for a more realistic tone straight through guitar speaker cabinets. It’s about 80% there, which is good, but it would be so nice to have it at 95%!

• all what you said

• How about the EQs in the Output section?

I think his issue is that the output section is a standard 4 band eq just like in the amp stack (I think it's probably the same eq bands but haven't checked). The bass control on the output eq will affect frequencies of the guitar signal that he wants to preserve as the eq affects a range above and below the center frequency. Whereas, a dedicated Hi Pass filter would allow for filtering out only the low end rumble and part of the sound that isn't needed to clear space in the mix for other instruments.

• I don't even use many effects, but it would definitely be nice to be able to set this somewhere else -- like in the Output section.

For me there is something around global settings....I'd like to be able to easily add certain things to a whole performance...like transpose, rather than lock or individually assign..the high pass filter ( which I don;t use) could also be in that category.

I also always use the 2:1 noise gate. I'd prefer that than the overall noise gate so being able to assign which noise gate to that effect...( not sure technically what the difference is!!

• A built-in effect like the Digitech freq out…
    This gives you controlled feedback much like when you are plugged into a real amp / speaker cabinet… This would make the KPA much more like The response of a real amplifier in live situations…

• A built-in effect like the Digitech freq out…
    This gives you controlled feedback much like when you are plugged into a real amp / speaker cabinet… This would make the KPA much more like The response of a real amplifier in live situations…

Forgive my ignorance, but why would this make it more like a real amp in live? I use feedback with the KPA regularly ( sometimes not intentional of course) via a guitar cab.

I don't have a freq out but I thought that gave it more control to create and hold feedback?

So no doubt it would be a great effect to have but isn't that the same for a real amp??