Kemper noise when used live

• Hey guys,

I've been using the Kemper at live shows and in the rehearsal studio with one of my bands, and I notice that I seem to get a fair amount of noise coming through with the Kemper in certain venues, whereas when using a regular guitar amp I don't seem to get as much noise. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

I use high gain profiles, and of course I expect noise, but it seems that the Kemper may be more susceptible to noise than a regular guitar amp. At my last show for example, it was so noisy that I had to swap sides with the bass player, otherwise the guitar was almost completely drowned out by noise.

We tried switching the Kemper to different power circuits, ground lift switches, unplugging lights, changing cables, the whole deal, and nothing seemed to help.

For reference, I use JCM800, EVH5150 and 68 Superlead profiles, and the guitar amp I use (when not using the Kemper) is a JCM800. I use the same guitar through both rigs.

Cheers

• I've never experienced the KPA to be any more susceptible to noise than a traditional guitar amp.

Some simple questions first that might steer us towards what could be going on.

How much gain is "high gain"?
    Is your KPA sound more distorted (higher gain) than what you have when you use the JCM800?
    Any distortion/boost pedals in front (either real, or kemper effect)
    Using a compressor pedal or effect at all?
    Using the KPA noise gate?
    What guitar? Single coil or humbucker? Active or passive pickups?
    Is the noise there when headphones are the only output connected to the KPA?

• Hey greenblob - I'm using tones of about this amount of gain in this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The noise gate is on for all my profiles, although it's not a very hard gate, just a subtle one - I set it so it typically cuts everything out when I dampen the strings (when it's not as noisy as it was the other day).

No boost or compressor used (real or in Kemper). This was with a Kramer with humbuckers. I didn't try the headphone jack on the front, although the noise came through the main outs and the monitor out.

• It is not the Profiler that catches noise, but the guitar.
    But as a consequence, the noise gets amplified with the gain setting of the amp.
    On high gain sounds, try to reduce gain. The gain control goes beyond usual tube amps, thus it will produce more noise when set to 10.0 for example,