Morphing With External Overdrive Pedals

• For those of you who prefer to use external overdrive pedals, how do you plan to use Morphing when it comes out? I know many users in the worship music community LOVE their overdrive pedals. I'm wondering if you guys have put any thought into how you would have the "best of both worlds".

• I use overdrives external from the Kemper. I plan on using morphing really only for modulation effects - Tremolo level, Flanger depth, etc. Besides that, I'd rather keep my expression pedal available for volume swells and such instead

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Hope to be wrong, but my impression is that the assignment to a pedal of the Morphing modulations is global...

Exactly.

If I understand correctly, I think the OP's question was more along the lines of how to use morphing with an external overdrive pedal.

Imo, if you're able to tailor the level of the FX in the loop while morphing, it might give pleasing results. But there will be no way to change the setting on the pedal as it is, other than through physical intervention.

• Exactly.

If I understand correctly, I think the OP's question was more along the lines of how to use morphing with an external overdrive pedal.

Imo, if you're able to tailor the level of the FX in the loop while morphing, it might give pleasing results. But there will be no way to change the setting on the pedal as it is, other than through physical intervention.

What about divine intervention (all this talk of worship)? ;)

• LOL

I was responding to

I plan on using morphing really only for modulation effects - Tremolo level, Flanger depth, etc. Besides that, I'd rather keep my expression pedal available for volume swells and such instead

Don't think it's doable :/

• Don't think it's doable

And why wouldn't it be? Expression pedal, through my MIDI controller, would send a simple volume change. Change the expression pedal to send out the command for morphing and send out a separate CC. The way my setup is, I can use an expression pedal for 4 separate purposes by pressing a button.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky

• I am not sure if you're describing a setup with one pedal only... this is what I got from the post of yours I responded to.
    I might be wrong, but what I got from the NAMM videos is that you'll have to dedicate a pedal to morphing.
    Hope this clarifies :)

• And why wouldn't it be? Expression pedal, through my MIDI controller, would send a simple volume change. Change the expression pedal to send out the command for morphing and send out a separate CC. The way my setup is, I can use an expression pedal for 4 separate purposes by pressing a button.

Like viabcroce says. IIRC, they said that morphing needs a dedicated pedal, i.e. it will be exclusive to morphing and you won't have the option of morph>volume, morph>wah or whatnot.

• Like viabcroce says. IIRC, they said that morphing needs a dedicated pedal, i.e. it will be exclusive to morphing and you won't have the option of morph>volume, morph>wah or whatnot

I don't use the Kemper floorboard. I use an RJM Mastermind GT. I can configure whatever control change parameter I want for my expression pedal. That means I can use it to control the volume on the Kemper, the feedback parameter on my BigSky, etc. I would be very, very surprised if morphing bogarts the Kemper's expression controls altogether (which would then overwrite volume, wah, or other stuff) and its corresponding control change parameters.

• Mhhh... I believe the matter is simpler actually: I believe that if you assign a (physical) pedal to morphing you can' assign it to vol, wah or pitch in the usual way through the system menu.
    You can of course control those parameters with it, but (IIGIR) you'll have to set the two extreme values for each parameters, and will be able to control those only (on a per-rig basis?) through that specific pedal.