Stephen Carpenter article in Guitar World mag

• I was reading an article on Stephen Carpenter of the Deftones this morning in the new Guitar World mag with Zakk and Buddy Guy on the cover. Must admit I've never checked out the Deftones before, but upon reading this article I found myself saying out loud to my magazine in hand "Too bad no one turned this poor guy onto a Kemper"! I also admit I've never used the gear he's discussing, but I've surely never had such problems with my Kemper! Anyone else read this article? Thoughts?

• I was reading an article on Stephen Carpenter of the Deftones this morning in the new Guitar World mag with Zakk and Buddy Guy on the cover. Must admit I've never checked out the Deftones before, but upon reading this article I found myself saying out loud to my magazine in hand "Too bad no one turned this poor guy onto a Kemper"! I also admit I've never used the gear he's discussing, but I've surely never had such problems with my Kemper! Anyone else read this article? Thoughts?

Chops,

If the spirit moves you, you might want to add a quick synopsis of the article/interview.

• First off, let me again state that I have no personal experience with the gear Stephen discusses in the GW article. So don't get me wrong, I am not bagging on gear I know nothing about. I'm just discussing the GW article. Basically the article sounded to me like he was happy with "gear X" for recording, but then had problems using it live, had problems when updating the firmware - accidental patch deletions, etc - and basically had to spend so much time with the gear that it actually got in the way of writing and recording for his band. Ouch.

I'm very pleased to own a device that inspires my creativity, not inhibits it. I just found it curious. Why not try a Kemper? Even if there were never another update, improvement, or added features, I finally have a means to track fantastic sounding guitar parts - that will more than likely last me the rest of my days. I no longer gig much these days, so I don't have live experience with the Kemper, but I've seen a few people using them live and it consistently sounded fantastic.

• Chops,

If the spirit moves you, you might want to add a quick synopsis of the article/interview.

The story was that he enjoyed the tonematching feature in the Axe FX so much in the studio, so he tried it live. It totally messed up his sound and patches, and firmware releases made him loose all his settings. He also made the mistake of diving into programming "scenes"without reading the manual...

He kept starting from scratch all the time, and it became so time consuming it actually interfered with writing and recording for a long time.

• The story was that he enjoyed the tonematching feature in the Axe FX so much in the studio, so he tried it live. It totally messed up his sound and patches, and firmware releases made him loose all his settings. He also made the mistake of diving into programming "scenes"without reading the manual...

He kept starting from scratch all the time, and it became so time consuming it actually interfered with writing and recording for a long time.

Thanks for the summary, Dahla. :thumbup:

Cheers,
    John