How often does your KPA crash?

• I'm nearing the point where I'll be ready to start using my KPA for live performances. Once I do that, I plan to sell my existing live rig (can't afford to justify keeping it just as a backup).

I'm a little concerned with how often I see posts here, or on the Kemper Users Facebook page, saying their unit crashed and had to be restarted mid-song or mid-gig, or their unit had unexpected static noise running through it all of a sudden, a frozen screen with an error, or their unit had to be sent back to Kemper for repair (which for me, living in the USA, is unacceptable to be without it for several weeks), etc.

So how many of you have encountered an issue like these with your KPA? I don't want to worry about carrying around a backup rig, because one of the main reasons I bought this was to reduce the amount of gear I'm carrying. Aside from having to replace 1 preamp tube, my current live rig (Mesa Roadster) has never had a single issue in the 8-9 years I've been using it. So seeing all of these posts is a bit of a red flag for me.

• 3 years and over 600 shows without an issue, even did about 100 shows with my toaster without fail before I switched to a rack mount. My suggestion would be to get a shock mount rack case, use won't hurt a Kemper but bouncing down the highways is another story.

• Good to hear. I'm very careful with my stuff and take excellent care of it. So I'm not worried about damage on my end. I'm just worried about the things that are beyond my control, like freezes, static noise, errors, etc. Fingers crossed! (c:

• I think kemper has a service center in USA, so it might not be that long for any repairs.

It might be an idea to get a decent power conditioner, if you play in places that might have sketchy power.

That would be a big relief. I bought mine at Guitar Center, so I'm sure they'd have to ship it out through them.

I use a Monster Power Pro 2500 conditioner. Certainly not the best, but it'll do the job in terms of protecting from bad power. And for the most part, we play the same 8-9 places on a rotation and have never had any power issues. So unless something abnormal comes up, I should be okay there.

I'm just trying to stay one step ahead of anything that may come up during gigs. I'll most likely buy a cheap backup combo amp, or maybe even just a SansAmp pedal to get me through a gig on a worst case scenario. But it's a good sign that everyone above has used their KPA's for a long time with no real issues. Obviously, there could always be the one bad apple during production. Hopefully, I don't end up with that one. (c:

• That would be a big relief. I bought mine at Guitar Center, so I'm sure they'd have to ship it out through them.

I use a Monster Power Pro 2500 conditioner. Certainly not the best, but it'll do the job in terms of protecting from bad power. And for the most part, we play the same 8-9 places on a rotation and have never had any power issues. So unless something abnormal comes up, I should be okay there.

I'm just trying to stay one step ahead of anything that may come up during gigs. I'll most likely buy a cheap backup combo amp, or maybe even just a SansAmp pedal to get me through a gig on a worst case scenario. But it's a good sign that everyone above has used their KPA's for a long time with no real issues. Obviously, there could always be the one bad apple during production. Hopefully, I don't end up with that one. (c:

That's actually what I thought - a cheap floorboard unit might be a great option, I'm sure you can get something cheap used, that won't sound awesome, but can help you get through the night

• I owned a KPA now for 4 weeks and I had to break off 2 band rehearsals because of this static noise problem. I now get a new units shipped to me and hope to convert to the large group of users who do hundreds of gigs without a problem.

• About 1.5 years of service, hordes of gigs and weekly practices (where it gets moved and setup in both cases), and I practice at home about every other day of the week.

No lockups, no crashes, nothing.

Rack version housed in a 6 space SKB case having a power conditioner and a rear patch panel. I use the FCB1010 as my foot controller and no external gear at all (other than my guitar(s) ;) ).