How often does your KPA crash?

• Totally solid for me here (unpowered toaster). I'm more likely to break a string than have the profiler let me down, I've never seen it do anything other than what I want.

Indeed. Much more likely. Of course, I carry multiple guitars and only 1 Kemper. My backup "amp" would be my old Digitech 2120 since I no longer own a real amp. I could get by, but would feel like I was playing a playschool guitar with respect to my tone :(

• 2-3 crashes in very public performances. However, I contacted support and they first tried to fix the unit...which didn't work since the fixed unit promptly crashed at my next gig...then they replaced it

I've done about 30 gigs plus many recording sessions with the new unit and no issues. Kemper support was great to work with and the long warranty is very cool.

In hindsight, I should have stress tested more in/thru practice and then contacted support at the first sign of an issue.

• 2 years, 50+ gigs no crashes....

However, had valve amps fail on me so its way more reliable.

The answer is always have an emergency backup, to get you through a gig. I carry a sans amp at the total outside possibility of an amp problem...

I would recommend a shock mount rack ( wish I had one as I dropped my once) and power conditioner...

• Yea, but one area that a true tube amp will always surpass the Kemper is in the spectral of failure. I have seen some pretty impressive tube amp failures in my time! Spontaneous combustion with a loud BAM in one instance .... followed by smoldering dark smoke rising from the embers ;)

Compared to this, the mere lockup of a Kemper can never match such behavior ;)

• Had 2 lock ups - just rebooted and was fine - and one crash that needed rebooting from the kaos on a memory stick in about 2.5 years. Before that I had a valve amp that blew a fuse twice live in 10 gigs and another that had a valve go, even though it was under a month old groove tube. So, I've had very slight problems with it, but less than with valve amps.

imo it's an awesome device and if I could afford it I'd just get another as back up

• IMO, an UPS on stage is much more needed than a voltage stabilizer: in case there's a 1/10 s current drop the Profiler will take tens of seconds to reboot... while most of the other instrument(ist)s won't even be aware of that :|

• Yea, but one area that a true tube amp will always surpass the Kemper is in the spectral of failure. I have seen some pretty impressive tube amp failures in my time! Spontaneous combustion with a loud BAM in one instance .... followed by smoldering dark smoke rising from the embers ;)

Compared to this, the mere lockup of a Kemper can never match such behavior ;)

This is true, you would need to rig up some sort of pyrotechnics to mimic the failure. Maybe this is an improvement we could suggest - a crash is linked to some sort of puff of blue smoke? :)

• I have a powered toaster that I bought 3 years ago, never had a crash while using it live or at practice. The only crashes I had were on an older firmware when I tried to move rigs in the arrange menu too fast. That issue was fixed in the next released firmware. So, no real world issues for me. Very happy with the stability!