Direct Profiling Question - Pre Sales Nube Stuff

• Just about to buy.. have been browsing forums and watching tons of videos (also reading manuals)

watched

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So I can profile..
    1) full amp with cab and power amp (obvious)
    2) pre-amp and power amp without cab??
    3) just the pre-amp??
    4) are their cabinet profiled to line up with your preamp?

If you just have a pre-amp.. do I need softwared DAW sim cabs or do I use a Kemper profiled cab?

Project 1 will be profiling my VHT 50/12 Pitbull..

1) I'll profile with sure SM57 thru my DAW ..

2) will I need some type of radial box to profile preamp only/pre-amp & poweramp?
    http://www.radialeng.com/radial-products.php#

3) also.. will I need to blend mics with a ribbon/dynamic if the Sure SM57 has too much mid.. or do I have some mid cut via the DAW on my Sure 57?

Thanks!!-sg

• 1) full amp with cab and power amp (obvious) = Studio Profile

2) pre-amp and power amp without cab?? = Direct Amplifier Profile

3) just the pre-amp?? = DI/Preamp Profile

Yes, to 1, 2, and 3

4) are their cabinet profiled to line up with your preamp?

If you just have a pre-amp.. do I need softwared DAW sim cabs or do I use a Kemper profiled cab?

A preamp + a cabinet would not include the sound of an amplifier.

There is another type of Profile called a Merged Profile. It is made from a Studio Profile + Direct Amplifier Profile, and contains a Cabinet that can be added to other Direct Amplifier Profiles.

Project 1 will be profiling my VHT 50/12 Pitbull..
    1) I'll profile with sure SM57 thru my DAW ..
    2) will I need some type of radial box to profile preamp only/pre-amp & poweramp? radialeng.com/radial-products.php#

You do not need a DI box to profile a preamp. You DO need one to profile a preamp/poweramp. You want one that supplies a line level signal, without Speaker Simulation.

3) also.. will I need to blend mics with a ribbon/dynamic if the Sure SM57 has too much mid.. or do I have some mid cut via the DAW on my Sure 57?

This depends on what sound you want - if you cannot postion a 57 to givr you the sound you prefer, you can use more than one mic.