FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Here's a new little frustration for me I found tonight. While in performance mode and using a preset, I click on a couple of the effect buttons (i.e. Phaser and delay on I & IIII), and then I can usually hit the same preset button to go back to my original preset hence turning these back off. Now...it goes to the upper morphing light and wants to program a morph?? Is there a setting to lock the morphing feature to off when you don't want to program those like during a performance?

@drandall I'm used to resetting the FX status of a rig the same way. I will likely program a morph to turn the FX mix up, and then press the rig button again to morph them off.

However, you can make a Feature Request to be able to selectively turn morph off for specific rigs/slots.

That's how I used my Kemper and at a rehearsal yesterday I got a hard time to find a temporary workaround for that "issue". I hope there will be some change in the near future because that would be a huge step backwards for me.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• I thought about it and I became confused whether it's a bug or not. If the mix knob should completely remove the coloration of the signal completely then it's a bug. Now that I'm typing this, I'm starting to think it's a bug, because at zero mix it shouldn't color or effect the signal but it does.

I just checked this and I think this is a bug.
    0% mix should equal off status of the effect (in this case I tried with the Green Scream and the Plus DS) but it isn't equal. Mixing to 0% end with a little lower gain vs. the effect off status.
    I'll report this as a bug.

• At a gig right now with 4.01 and after soundcheck I had to go back to 3.3....my heavy rhythm tones didn't have as much bite or sustain for some reason it was fine at home. Could be a power issue here. Better safe than sorry.

Power issue? It's not a tube amp, the KPA.

• Did someone else experience the following behaviour with a morphed rig and a Wah? Kemper and expression pedal here, no remote. Ticked MorphPedal>Wah in the system menu (page 11/18) and now there's morphing AND Wah together at the same time. Is this intended (can't imagine this) or a bug?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

Edited once, last by Kempermaniac ().

• At a gig right now with 4.01 and after soundcheck I had to go back to 3.3....my heavy rhythm tones didn't have as much bite or sustain for some reason it was fine at home. Could be a power issue here. Better safe than sorry.

Did you use pure cab before? If not, did you switch it off on 4.0?
    It is switched on by default in the new firmware.

• I just found out that in Browse mode I no longer can assign midi Program changes to any rig. I press the assign button from system menu, nothing happens. It worked yesterday, not today! In performance mode, it's very inconsistent in receiving program changes also. I hope this public beta release helps speed up fixing all these issue. I have to say that you gotta be out of your mind to gig with this firmware.

People complained and it seems that it was rushed out but this can be a good thing and not necessarily a bad thing, if you keep in mind that this is still beta.

• Did you use pure cab before? If not, did you switch it off on 4.0?
    It is switched on by default in the new firmware.

Yes always used it. It ended up not being 4.01. My high gain rigs were losing gain consistently throughout the show. It would go almost completely clean now and then. Had to have been a power issue at the venue. I'll be testing at home tomorrow

• I WISH I could do something similar with some of the other effects such as the compressor, pure boost, lead booster and treble booster. These have no mix control and are not able to be added to base rig without impacting tone. For example, if I want to go from a pushed-slightly distorted amp with small amount of delay and reverb to a sparkly clean with heavy repeating delay. things like the treble boost and compressor would be needed but cant be included in the pushed rig without impacting tone.

The compressor, and treble booster default to the uncolored sound when the intensity is set to zero.
    Other effects (incuding compressor) go without colouring when the mix is set to zero for sure!

But take care: when you morph the mix parameter of an effect, it does not set its volume to neutral (zero) when you bring it to zero.
    If you use volumes settings in the effects that are not zero, you should morph them as well (to zero), to fully neutralize the effect.

• Even with 4.01, I'm still having major performance mode issues over MIDI. (FCB1010 w/ Uno4Kemper) When trying to switch between rigs within a performance it consistently switches to a completely different performance slot.

• Some people are saying the stomps sound better and the legacy delay sounds better than the old delays.

Is this a placebo effect or have those FX actually changed? I thought that Kemper had just added a dry mix on the stomps and effectively renamed the old delays. Have the algos changed?

• The compressor, and treble booster default to the uncolored sound when the intensity is set to zero.
    Other effects (incuding compressor) go without colouring when the mix is set to zero for sure!

But take care: when you morph the mix parameter of an effect, it does not set its volume to neutral (zero) when you bring it to zero.
    If you use volumes settings in the effects that are not zero, you should morph them as well (to zero), to fully neutralize the effect.

There's a problem with the mix set to zero (no effect), at least with the distortion stomps that I tried, that the level is lower with the stomp active than bypassed. This is regardless of volume setting in the stomp (I don't believe volume makes any difference in dirt stomps set to zero mix anyway).

The active/bypassed level can be matched by raising the Clean Sense, but this makes the general clean signal much too loud. At least for me, and others that reported this issue.

• That is important for MIDI users - be sure to notify Support.

I got it working by accident. What I did is when I pressed the assign and nothing happened I exited the system menu and saved replaced, came back to system PC assign and it worked. From there on, I don't have to exist it works instantly and updates for other assignments. That's what it takes to beg to be on the cutting edge,

• Ok, so the midi stopped responding and few minutes after KPA screen wend Blank except for Kemper logo, sound can still be played, I turned it off and downgraded to 3.31. I'm restoring back as we speak to make sure I have nothing from the 4.01 remaining. Sorry but that was my experience, had fun for a couple of days, but it's very unstable from my experience.

Morphing was amazingly easy and powerful, I will upgrade later because 3.3 isn't missing anything for me, It's still the best amp models to be had anywhere and in the end of the day that's all that matters to me. Still I'm really thrilled and excited about the future reverbs and delays that are yet to come. The teaser that scozy has found with the two delays were simply amazingly beautiful.

• The compressor, and treble booster default to the uncolored sound when the intensity is set to zero.

If you use volumes settings in the effects that are not zero, you should morph them as well (to zero), to fully neutralize the effect.[/quote]
    This must have been what I experienced and heard. Thanks for pointing that out !

• Had two gigs this weekend. I like the new delay, more natural. But the Remote seems slower! especially when going up and down on several performances..
    I also had my first blackout on a gig since 2014. just changeing rig, and it blacked out and no sound!! for about 30seconds maybe..Hope this was just a onetimer.. I need gear to rely on..

• Had two gigs this weekend. I like the new delay, more natural. But the Remote seems slower! especially when going up and down on several performances..
    I also had my first blackout on a gig since 2014. just changeing rig, and it blacked out and no sound!! for about 30seconds maybe..Hope this was just a onetimer.. I need gear to rely on..

It has been said and announced over and over again: OS 4.0 is just for those, who want to play around with the new features for fun. It is not meant for people who need to rely on the KPA in studio work or live.