FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• here's some really important info for you all: if you want you issue to be addressed or help us, reporting here will not help. always report by using the support form on the Kemper Amps website. don't expect us to read something you write here.

What is the sense of a topic like this or the forum in general if we should only send the problems to the support team?

• What is the sense of a topic like this or the forum in general if we should only send the problems to the support team?

I don't think G-String was saying not to post here, just making clear that posting here is not the same as reporting an issue ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• What is the sense of a topic like this or the forum in general if we should only send the problems to the support team?

That's easy to anwer: The forum is for users to have a place to talk about "whatever" really, including the thoughts about new Operation Systems. In some cases team members read certrain posts and threads, they sometimes also post replies. Yet, if there are issues, we should always post to support, because that's the only way to have a guarantee that the issues are read by the developers.
    The main occupation of the team members is of course work related - and it's very time consuming to read each and every relevant (and less relevant) post on this forum.

But why not do both? Send the issues to support and post them here to let others know.

Edited once, last by joerch ().

Well, the title is "experiences", not only bugs or problems. The advantage of posting problems and bugs here as well as reporting them to support is that other users can be assured that any problems they're experiencing isn't exclusive to their machine.

• Also, the community works as a first filter for those issues related to user error, for those that have already been fixed and for those that can't be fixed. This lightens up the load on the support team.

• got "a software error occured" today when rehearsing...rebooted and all was fine except everything was reset to default...output eq, lights, buttons and even username. I couldn't take a pic and don't remember the entire message so no supportticket

• How can i scroll thru my performances like in 3.3?
    In 3.3, when i scroll with the Type knob, i see all my performances (one after another with name and so on) and can scroll and load. In 4.0 , when i scroll to the the next performance the display shows New Performance, no name or something else, but there a namend performance. If i scroll to f.e. performance 17 it shows "New Performance" and empty slots and when i press the Load Button it shows my performance. Hope this is a bug and not the new standard.
    Otherwise, when i press rig button up and down it shows directely the next performance as in 3.3. Quick scrolling with the type button is not working, or do i have to set something in systemmenue ? Can't find a parameter for setting it.

Cheers
    Frank

• Can't find a parameter for setting it.

Dont see the same on my Kemper. Did not search for or set any Parameter.
    Scrolling Type button shows my performances.
    I can load it with soft button or by hitting a Profile selection button (1-5) of the remote.

Whats now happened with you Kemper:?:

• Dont see the same on my Kemper. Did not search for or set any Parameter.
    Scrolling Type button shows my performances.
    I can load it with soft button or by hitting a Profile selection button (1-5) of the remote.

Whats now happened with you Kemper:?:

I dont know Harry, here is a small vid. Hope the link works. You have to close new tab that opens in the browser when you start the vid. Than it goes directely to the vid.

http://sendvid.com/9qwv9vnp

or

http://sendvid.com/9qwv9vnp?se…cf-4c7a-9900-0f4e81349495

• Oh guys, it's so crazy. I go to system and Page 3 and switched the knob for pending and back to Slot 1. Exit. Than i go to to my type knob and "magic"!!!! it works. I see my performances when scrolling. As you see in the vid, it was not there before!
    Nice to explore the magical knobs.
    Found out that the best knob to solve tuner problems is the on/off switch or to switch between browser and tuner. That solved several problems with the tuner in the last 3 days.
    I also reported several freezings to support. Also solved with on/off.
    One freeze arrived when i scrolled with to much speed ( i think so) with the browse knob when i am seaqrching for another rig in my kpa stock.

So, everything is running and i hope it is stable for the next hour because i want to play. ;)

• The distortion plus is the one that I use most. I can't verify this here. Open a support ticket then, please.

I already contatcted support about that yesterday. Don't you worry. I am one of those guys who do both: Post here and contact support.

Try the following: AC Clean - SM57 (from the factory rigs) - insert the DS Plus in the stomp section and check what happens, when you increase the drive. On my KPA it just gets louder to a point where the output is clipping (LED constantly red).

• Oh guys, it's so crazy. I go to system and Page 3 and switched the knob for pending and back to Slot 1. Exit. Than i go to to my type knob and "magic"!!!! it works. I see my performances when scrolling. As you see in the vid, it was not there before!
    Nice to explore the magical knobs.
    Found out that the best knob to solve tuner problems is the on/off switch or to switch between browser and tuner. That solved several problems with the tuner in the last 3 days.
    I also reported several freezings to support. Also solved with on/off.
    One freeze arrived when i scrolled with to much speed ( i think so) with the browse knob when i am seaqrching for another rig in my kpa stock.

So, everything is running and i hope it is stable for the next hour because i want to play. ;)

Posted to support

• Has someone noticed that the Main Volume and the Monitor Volume are sometimes not the same dB when you higher the Master Volume and you have setted the monitor out and the main out link in the output menue?

• Posted to support

After playing few minutes i tried to scroll again and the same bug arrives. I scroll and i see nothing "New Performance"!!
    Tried to do the same than before (site 3 system menue) but this time it didnt solve the problem.
    Best thing next. I shut down the unit and stated it again with pressed rig knob. The units starts with the kemper chrunch rig on the display and freezes.Off/on again . Scrolling is not possible, display shows New Performance as shon in the vid.

• One freeze arrived when i scrolled with to much speed ( i think so) with the browse knob when i am seaqrching for another rig in my kpa stock.

I've since long disabled the "Autoload" function. This definitively helped me with the issue.
    Just a workaround of course, but with RM things are much easier now.

Has someone noticed that the Main Volume and the Monitor Volume are sometimes not the same dB when you higher the Master Volume and you have setted the monitor out and the main out link in the output menue?

They must be set equal before locking them together. If there's an offset it will be kept.

HTH

• THX for the hints. I try it. But i think i have setted to the same zero level before i locked them together. I set them again, hope it solves the small problem. My bigger problem is the scrolling thing in performance mode. Just try a trick. I have downgraded to the first beta release (but i see the same problem there) and at this minute i go back to the newest beta. Hope it solves the problem, otherwise its a bug and i have to wait for the next update of the beta. Maybe the kemper guys can solve my problem. Reported everything to support.

Cheers
    Frank

• I dont know Harry, here is a small vid. Hope the link works. You have to close new tab that opens in the browser when you start the vid. Than it goes directely to the vid.

I saw the video and I am happy for you that you found the solution.

Edit: I should have read further before I answered :saint:

• I saw the video and I am happy for you that you found the solution.

Edit: I should have read further before I answered :saint:

Thx Harry,
    had a succsesful morning.
    Done a flash init, loaded the kaos.bin of the first version of 4.0, than i loaded the kaos.bin of the newest 4.0. After that i loaded my rigs and performances from my backup and voila, every thing runs ( knock on wood).
    The answer from support was, that i have a data problem ( defect data)and again the advice to wait for the next update.

Have a nice weekend

Cheers
    Frank