FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Here.
    OS 4.0.2
    Take a look, how smooth is NOISE GATE value increasing - form 0.0 to 10.0 it just reaches every decimal value.
    In opposite MASTER VOLUME has big jumps like 4.1 - 5.1 - 7.2 - 7.8 - 8.9 - 10.0 - the same slow rotary speed of knob.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can anybody else confirm on 4.0.2 (how it behaves on other OS versions?)

Yikes! I could conceive that bug actually causing some unpleasant problems.

I can imagine some sore ear drums, some pissed off neighbors (or audience, or venue owners)...or in extreme cases, a potential for damaging a speaker.

Edited 2 times, last by Tritium ().

• Here.
    OS 4.0.2
    Take a look, how smooth is NOISE GATE value increasing - form 0.0 to 10.0 it just reaches every decimal value.
    In opposite MASTER VOLUME has big jumps like 4.1 - 5.1 - 7.2 - 7.8 - 8.9 - 10.0 - the same slow rotary speed of knob.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can anybody else confirm on 4.0.2 (how it behaves on other OS versions?)

Getting exactly the same effect, so I'll skip the video (being lazy). Other affected quite a lot are reverb time/mix.

• Yikes! I could conceive that bug actually causing some unpleasant problems.

I can imagine some sore ear drums, some pissed off neighbors (or audience, or venue owners)...or in extreme cases, a potential for damaging a speaker.

Support ticket opened for that case.
    #KA00117012

• Yikes! I could conceive that bug actually causing some unpleasant problems. I can imagine some sore ear drums, some pissed off neighbors (or audience, or venue owners)...or in extreme cases, a potential for damaging a speaker.

Well, that depends: does the actual volume jump in the same way (with a huge increase for a small rotation of the knob), or just the values on the screen? There's no sound in the video.

As far as I can tell, it takes about as long in total for the Master Volume to go from 0 to 10 in the video as it does for the Noise Gate (about 6-7 seconds). This reflects @skoczy 's statement that the rotary speed of the knobs was the same in both cases. So at least in this video, it seems like the actual volume increase would still be proportionate to the amount you turn the knob -- it's just that the numbers on the screen lag behind and periodically catch up. Right? I don't think I've read every post about this problem so I may have missed something.

Of course, the behaviour of the numbers on the screen seems like a bug in and of itself, so it's good that you reported it to support.

• Well, that depends: does the actual volume jump in the same way (with a huge increase for a small rotation of the knob), or just the values on the screen? There's no sound in the video.

As far as I can tell, it takes about as long in total for the Master Volume to go from 0 to 10 in the video as it does for the Noise Gate (about 6-7 seconds). This reflects @skoczy 's statement that the rotary speed of the knobs was the same in both cases. So at least in this video, it seems like the actual volume increase would still be proportionate to the amount you turn the knob -- it's just that the numbers on the screen lag behind and periodically catch up. Right? I don't think I've read every post about this problem so I may have missed something.

Of course, the behaviour of the numbers on the screen seems like a bug in and of itself, so it's good that you reported it to support.

I did this test in the night and haven't checked if the jumping numbers reflects the actual volume. Will report today.

• Anyone else experience "sticky" controls, e.g. dials reacting in very unpleasant/granular way - not physically of course, just parameters update like the pot would be broken. 4.0.2 latest beta

Yup, same thing happens with me at unpredictable times. Very annoying. I hope someone fixes this issue. Have you opened a support ticket on this yet?

Gary ô¿ô

• I did this test in the night and haven't checked if the jumping numbers reflects the actual volume. Will report today.

In front of Profiler now.
    All 5 volumes linked - now Master jumps from 0.0 to 3.8 to 8.2 to 10.0 - although volume increases smoothly, so only numbers are displayed like there was bottleneck somewhere.
    Next try: 2.0 - 5.7 - 9.4 - 10.0
    When only 1 volume is linked to Master all is smooth.
    After linking more volumes to Master numbers start to freeze and jump omitting some values.

Interesting thing: when only 1 volume is linked to Master Volume (i.e. SPDIF), while turning Master Volume knob, on LCD is displayed for example Spdif Volume with dB values.