FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Anyone else experienced this? Am afraid to update!

No fail at the moment after 4 h playing.
    But it needs time to learn the new functions.
    Still I do not plan to use the morphing for my live performances in the near future - but it's interesting to play with. :rolleyes:

What the Kemper was able to do with the former versions - he did not forget ;)

• mine doesn't.

Presets are something, that you can create (or delete) yourself. So you can create as many Input Presets for as many guitars and pickups as you like - practically.

We have just included a few examples in the operating systems. Rigs and presets included in the software only become visible, if you import all factory content using the function "Factory Rigs" in System Menu. 4.0.0, does include three Input Presets. One user sees five because he imported these there while he had already two before.

If you want to selectively import our new presets, download "Factory Content 4.0" from our download page under Rig Packs, pick the three files include in the folder "Input", copy to your USB stick folder "Shared" and import as any Rig.

• thats also because the tone range at 50% before...was 100%...they have changed that. Overall they are all pretty close to the real deal now!

this would be a bad thing , if this is true making all of my saved presets with stomps have to be retweaked.
    I for one dont want this !
    tweaking all the stomps to get the sound I had saved before is not fun , if they change the tone knob so that 50 percent is not what it was before

Maybe make an option to leave it as it was in fw 3.3 , or change to the new range in 4 by pressing a switch

• this would be a bad thing , if this is true making all of my saved presets with stomps have to be retweaked.
    I for one dont want this !
    tweaking all the stomps to get the sound I had saved before is not fun , if they change the tone knob so that 50 percent is not what it was before

Maybe make an option to leave it as it was in fw 3.3 , or change to the new range in 4 by pressing a switch

Don't worry. Kemper always makes sure that an OS update leaves your existing sounds intact. From the 4.0 addendum to the Kemper Manual:

Even though these parameters look different, and are used in a modified way, they will sound the same if you load your existing Rigs. This is because these parameters are adapted and recalculated automatically when a Rig or Module Preset is loaded.

• Hey guys, no big issues here, so it seems that the beta testers have done a good job.
    Thx to all you guys.

I didnt have started the new fw yet but i am a little bit confused about the written settings of the morph function. I expected that i can set f.e. a clean rig as my starting point and a high gain rig as my endpoint and when i kick my pedal from toe to heel it morphs from the clean bottom to the high gain rig. That would be great and easy. Hope i have fun with this morphy.

• Is it new? These input presets are also in 3.3 and i think they where also in older versions.

I did not consider with Vers 3.3 .
    With 4.0 I look now in details, what my KPA is doing now.

In fact I think 2 of the inputs was already done by myself earlier.
    The PU-related presets were new for me.

• Hey guys, no big issues here, so it seems that the beta testers have done a good job.
    Thx to all you guys.

I didnt have started the new fw yet but i am a little bit confused about the written settings of the morph function. I expected that i can set f.e. a clean rig as my starting point and a high gain rig as my endpoint and when i kick my pedal from toe to heel it morphs from the clean bottom to the high gain rig. That would be great and easy. Hope i have fun with this morphy.

You cannot, currently, morph from one rig to another. You can, however, morph to a higher gain structure (or lower) of the same rig.....as well as morph Definition, Sag, compression, effects levels (and settings), etc. parameters within the same rig. :)