FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• I didnt have started the new fw yet but i am a little bit confused about the written settings of the morph function. I expected that i can set f.e. a clean rig as my starting point and a high gain rig as my endpoint and when i kick my pedal from toe to heel it morphs from the clean bottom to the high gain rig. That would be great and easy. Hope i have fun with this morphy.

As far as I understood till now, you can morph just parameters with continues values in the same rig. I do not know how much but I seems a lot parameters which can be morphed simultaneous.

For Example you start with low drive in a rig and morph drive, clarity, power sagging and the mix of a distortion stomp at the same time to a total different sound you have found before with this rig.
    The control with an expression pedal is also very simple. So you can play also different positions of the morph process.
    It seems this is a powerfull tool, but at the moment to complex for me that I plan it to use in a life performance. But to play now with it is funny :)
    Its rather impossible at the moment to make a proper documentation, what you have done. In 3 weeks I can't remember what I have done and do not know how I could modify.

I am sure, that some tweaking profis will find surprising effects.

• Didn't find anything in the manuals about creating a morph rig with just the KPA and an expression pedal (no remote here). Does anyone know?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• You cannot, currently, morph from one rig to another. You can, however, morph to a higher gain structure (or lower) of the same rig.....as well as morph Definition, Sag, compression, effects levels (and settings), etc. parameters within the same rig. :)

If it is so, i dont really understand the sence behind it because what i have learned from the profiling pros:
    To profile an amp is really difficult because you are searching for best results at a sweet spot. I thought this is the point why we can get different profiles of an amp. So f.e. if you profile the amp on high gain or chrunch level you get the best out of it and you dont have to try to get a very good clean sound when you have loeded the high gain profile of an amp and reduce the gain to the minimum. For me this is the reason why a profile pack includes clean, chrunch and high gain rigs, or am i wrong? If it is like described, for me the morphing function is only a fading of parameters from low to high. What about the sweet spots in the different profiles?

• So I've already implemented two new features for my band that I was really looking forward to.

One is a spot in the middle of a song where I need to swell from a crystal clear clean setup to a dirty, wide, Floyd-esque sound. Until now, I used midi automation to send a CC#72 (gain) message to gradually change the gain from zero to a value somewhere in the middle. This came with some drawbacks: I can't replicate the gain swell through the Remote if something goes wrong with the midi automation, and it's a bit of a pain to re-program the midi file if I want to tweak something. Morphing is perfect for this as I can simply dial in (and change, if I want to) the end state on the Kemper itself while leaving the midi automation the same (a simple CC#11 change from 0 to 127 to activate morphing), and it's super easy to change more parameters than just gain.

The other is a song where I need a delay with exactly three repetitions (no more, no less, and no gradual fading like you get with a typical Feedback parameter). Using two consecutive delays (one in the Mod slot, the other in Delay), with the first set at 4/16 (both sides) and the second at 8/16 (again both sides), and Feedback at 0% for both, gets me exactly where I want to be.

• Tuner does not mute the outputs even when the mute signal button is selected.

The CC values for delay mix are now different. My old values used to set mix at 50%, 80% and 100%.
    now using the same CC values it goes from 64%, 100/87%, 100/50%

• To profile an amp is really difficult because you are searching for best results at a sweet spot. I thought this is the point why we can get different profiles of an amp. So f.e. if you profile the amp on high gain or chrunch level you get the best out of it and you dont have to try to get a very good clean sound when you have loeded the high gain profile of an amp and reduce the gain to the minimum. For me this is the reason why a profile pack includes clean, chrunch and high gain rigs, or am i wrong? If it is like described, for me the morphing function is only a fading of parameters from low to high. What about the sweet spots in the different profiles?

This is true, and it would be interesting if the profiling process could be updated one day to allow multiple profiles (of different "sweet spots") to be combined into one rig that interpolates between them. But that's a very different story and "Morphing" was never about this problem.

Morphing is a comprehensive, powerful, yet simple answer to a different request that has been heard many times: the ability to control any effect parameter using a footswitch or expression pedal. You can now fade in a vibrato, or pan your sound between two speakers (using the Panorama parameter), or change the depth of a chorus effect, or add volume and tweak your EQ to make a solo stand out, or do all of these things at the same time, gradually, live, while playing. That's pretty cool in its own right, I think.

• Didn't find anything in the manuals about creating a morph rig with just the KPA and an expression pedal (no remote here). Does anyone know?

I don't have my Remote with me either at the moment, it's in our rehearsal space with both my expression pedals. ;( Luckily, on the 5th page of the Rig menu, there's a soft button to activate the morphed state of the current rig (and a knob to gradually fade to it). Once the morphed state is activated, tweak any parameters you like, then go back to the Rig menu to switch between morphed and unmorphed to hear the effect.

• Setting for Volume pedal has to make new!

Hi Harry, are you shure? Just changed the fw and every thing works, also the vol ped. Just checked out the morphed rigs. I setted my moog ep3 from pitch pedal to morph pedal. Its like plug and play. Works very well but at this time there is no morphed sound in the examples that i like. Think it takes some time with experiments. First is i'll try to change the amps in those morphed rigs to my fav amps. Maybe it's better for my ears :)
    I havent read the complete addendum yet, but i have a simple question (i hope). Where are my old delays? I read that they put them togehter and it's the legacy when i turn the type knob. But its only the legacy there. Cant also find the volume parameter in the legacy delay (normaly placed on the last page of the delay).
    Where can i change from tap delay to my old ms delay?

• This is true, and it would be interesting if the profiling process could be updated one day to allow multiple profiles (of different "sweet spots") to be combined into one rig that interpolates between them. But that's a very different story and "Morphing" was never about this problem.

Morphing is a comprehensive, powerful, yet simple answer to a different request that has been heard many times: the ability to control any effect parameter using a footswitch or expression pedal. You can now fade in a vibrato, or pan your sound between two speakers (using the Panorama parameter), or change the depth of a chorus effect, or add volume and tweak your EQ to make a solo stand out, or do all of these things at the same time, gradually, live, while playing. That's pretty cool in its own right, I think.

If this was the difinition i am with you. As i have written, i expected it otherwise and to morph the gain is exactely the critical point from clean to high gain. I am a bit dissapointed. Next thing is if i use a clean sound, i use a different pick up because most of the clean sounds are not sounding good with a humbucker, so i use the splitted coils. But when you hear a high gain sound over splitted coils it sounds thin and lack of power. So i have to morph and change the pu position when i morph. uuuuuh complicated in a live situation. I am with Harry, nice to explore but for live use??? Have you ever panned your sound between two speakers live? I think no, most of us are also playing mono when gigin. So it takes time to understand whats the profit behind it is.

• Hi Harry, are you shure? Just changed the fw and every thing works, also the vol ped. Just checked out the morphed rigs. I setted my moog ep3 from pitch pedal to morph pedal. Its like plug and play. Works very well but at this time there is no morphed sound in the examples that i like. Think it takes some time with experiments. First is i'll try to change the amps in those morphed rigs to my fav amps. Maybe it's better for my ears :)
    I havent read the complete addendum yet, but i have a simple question (i hope). Where are my old delays? I read that they put them togehter and it's the legacy when i turn the type knob. But its only the legacy there. Cant also find the volume parameter in the legacy delay (normaly placed on the last page of the delay).
    Where can i change from tap delay to my old ms delay?

Delay problem solved. I read the addendum :D
    Its the little To Tempo knob!

• I don't have my Remote with me either at the moment, it's in our rehearsal space with both my expression pedals. ;( Luckily, on the 5th page of the Rig menu, there's a soft button to activate the morphed state of the current rig (and a knob to gradually fade to it). Once the morphed state is activated, tweak any parameters you like, then go back to the Rig menu to switch between morphed and unmorphed to hear the effect.

Thanks, Robrecht, it works!

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• If it is so, i dont really understand the sence behind it because what i have learned from the profiling pros:
    To profile an amp is really difficult because you are searching for best results at a sweet spot. I thought this is the point why we can get different profiles of an amp. So f.e. if you profile the amp on high gain or chrunch level you get the best out of it and you dont have to try to get a very good clean sound when you have loeded the high gain profile of an amp and reduce the gain to the minimum. For me this is the reason why a profile pack includes clean, chrunch and high gain rigs, or am i wrong? If it is like described, for me the morphing function is only a fading of parameters from low to high. What about the sweet spots in the different profiles?

That's all a matter of taste. There's nothing to say that a profile can't sound as good, or better, by modifying parameters from the original. Morphing into a different gain setting...while simultaneously altering amp parameters (definition, sag, clarity, whatever) and EQ, effect settings etc etc. makes all the sense in the world 8) I just made a preset morphing into a different pitch :D

• Addendum:The Cabinet parameter "Volume" has been moved to the Amp Module.

This makes me hope that the need the place for the new pure cab per rig button in the cab section!!!!!
    But when i change to the amp, normaly i found the amp volume on page 3/3 to give the amp more output. I see that nothing changed from page 1 to 3 in the amp section. So volume on page 3 means that this is the old cab volume? If it is, where is the old amp volume?