FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Morphing between rigs will never happen. (and I'm fine with that). This is because, it would essentially require TWICE the processing power, as two rigs and all their effects would have to be loaded at the same time to crossfade between. In addition, such morphing would be completely separate from inter-rig morphing like we have now. For example, if you set morphing on say your delay mix within a rig, you couldn't simultaneously morph to a different Rig, because the different rig could be set up without that delay at all. So you'd be essential leaving one rig and going to another like a crossfade, not adjusting continuous values within one rig. (What we have now is a adjustment of digital values, morphing Rigs would be crossfading two separate audio tracks) Thus, you could either do one or the other: either crossfading between rigs, morphing setting within one rig, not both. Furthermore, how would you set up which rig it would morph with? Suppose you were on performance 6, slot 2? and you went to set up a morph. would you morph to slot 1 or slot 3? In other words you'd need a way to choose a Rig that would be your "base rig" and then assign a matching morph rig.

Now if you wanted to morph AMPs, (but not rigs) the KPA would first need to be able to have 2 amps loaded into one rig, (which the KPA will never be able to do, according to what I've read.) However, if it could have two amps in one Rig, then it must then have a balance control between the two amps. (say all the way left if 100% amp A and all the way right is 100% amp B, and dead center is half and half.) Then, you could have morphing between AMPs, by adjusting the continuous balance between them. But as stated above, morphing between different Rigs, would be something completely separate and incompatible with morphing within a Rig, for how would you simultaneously change a setting within a Rig, while simultaneously morphing to a different Rig? It doesn't even make sense. It would have to be wholly separate from morphing within a rig and controlled by a separate switch or pedal.

• a local reverb perset called 'Spring' that is based on the Matchbox algorithm was introduced to the factory content a (long) while ago. No new reverb algorithms in 4.0

Hi Don, one question:
    I loaded the the factory content and found the new delays and wahs and so on in my kpa.
    I have put the downloaded factory content in the shared folder of my stick . Stick into the kpa, import button. Everything imports.
    I found the dly, the new output presets and so on. But i cant find the stomps. the scales and the effects. I searched with the type button and with the browse button for f.e. shaper fuzz or harmonic minor scale or dirty rotor or single note funk.
    I tryed to load this content again, but my kpa says that every thing is imported. Any idea?

• Don't worry. Kemper always makes sure that an OS update leaves your existing sounds intact. From the 4.0 addendum to the Kemper Manual:

What happens if your parameter was set to over 50% then? This is now beyond the throw of the new setting.

• One thing with all the delays now under legacy delay , I was playing with the new firmware and noticed I couldnt change from analog to digital delay . how can you change from analog to digital delay like you could before , is it allways analog? which is good for me , but just curious

• Hi Don, one question:
    I loaded the the factory content and found the new delays and wahs and so on in my kpa.
    I have put the downloaded factory content in the shared folder of my stick . Stick into the kpa, import button. Everything imports.
    I found the dly, the new output presets and so on. But i cant find the stomps. the scales and the effects. I searched with the type button and with the browse button for f.e. shaper fuzz or harmonic minor scale or dirty rotor or single note funk.
    I tryed to load this content again, but my kpa says that every thing is imported. Any idea?

I have also done a a backup. changed it to .tar, unzipped it and checked the folders. Everything is there, but i cant find it when i browse.
    So where can i find Jimmy's octave up or tremolo slap and so on?

• maybe i have just been too impatient, but when i do the morphing-thing in performance mode, i cannot switch to the next slot directly - i have to step on it twice until the sound changes...
    on the first step the next slot is loaded (display shows rig-name, gain-leds change, etc.) but i hear an even different sound than the sound of my first rig - did i make myself clear? maybe i'll shoot a short video...
    what do you guys think?

• Didn't find anything in the manuals about creating a morph rig with just the KPA and an expression pedal (no remote here). Does anyone know?

It's right in the addendum "Regardless of whether or not you own a Profiler Remote, an expression pedal set up as a parallel controller for Morphing is an absolute must. Connect your expression pedal to one of the SWITCH/PEDAL sockets of Profiler or Profiler Remote. Assign function Morph Pedal. Now, you can control Morphing with the expression pedal at any speed, and even rest at intermediate levels. The Rise and Fall Time parameters are only relevant for Remote’s Rig Buttons or external switches, not the Morph Pedal. Morph Pedal can also be controlled via MIDI on control change #11. A button is not even required to operate Morphing - you could exclusively use an expression pedal."

I hope that helps.

Gary ô¿ô

• I have also done a a backup. changed it to .tar, unzipped it and checked the folders. Everything is there, but i cant find it when i browse.
    So where can i find Jimmy's octave up or tremolo slap and so on?

Solved. Found them under soft knob stomps and effects.but cant find the scales.Harmonic minor and make no mistake

• Can you program the tuner and/or looper button on remote to have a different function yet?

Yes, you can set the Looper, Tuner or Tap button to any of the following...

Off
    Stomp A On/Off
    Stomp B On/Off
    Stomp C On/Off
    Stomp D On/Off
    Stomp X On/Off
    Stomp MOD On/Off
    Delay On/Off
    Delay On/Off Tail
    Reverb On/Off
    Reverb On/Off Tail
    Stomp Inverter
    Rig Up
    Rig Down
    Tap
    Tuner
    Stomps
    Looper Mode
    Looper Start
    Looper Stop
    Morph

I was hoping for the ability to call a specific performance which isn't possible but this certainly adds a lot of flexibility.

• If yes, how do I assign just the rig button to morph & not the exp pedal.

It's automatic - you don't need to do anything except create the morphed state when the upper light is on (by pressing rig button) - as stated in the addendum very clearly. Then you can just press the rig buttons to change rig state from base to morphed. Really simple!

Gary ô¿ô

• maybe i have just been too impatient, but when i do the morphing-thing in performance mode, i cannot switch to the next slot directly - i have to step on it twice until the sound changes...
    on the first step the next slot is loaded (display shows rig-name, gain-leds change, etc.) but i hear an even different sound than the sound of my first rig - did i make myself clear? maybe i'll shoot a short video...
    what do you guys think?

Have you checked the Rise Time and Fall Time parameters in the Rig Menu? These control how long it takes to morph and "unmorph" when using the switches.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

what do you guys think?

Same here!

• @aehaem yes, when I switch to tuner mode via Midi CC commands, it does not mute the output whether you have the 'mute signal' selected or not.

I sent an email to support to let them know. Same situation for both main outs and SPDIF

• Have you checked the Rise Time and Fall Time parameters in the Rig Menu? These control how long it takes to morph and "unmorph" when using the switches.

i only morph via expression pedal, morphing by switch does not work (yet?) with the fcb1010 (stock, no eprom, no uno), but even if this was the issue (it is set to 2sec, both) it would be a little annoying if you do some morphing live and would have to wait like 2 sec until you can change your preset...

• i only morph via expression pedal, morphing by switch does not work (yet?) with the fcb1010 (stock, no eprom, no uno), but even if this was the issue (it is set to 2sec, both) it would be a little annoying if you do some morphing live and would have to wait like 2 sec until you can change your preset...

It might indeed be a bug. If so, you should report it through the support email...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.