FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Big install, seemed to take longer tan usual. Drop shad.... ah fuggetit :P, Looks pretty solid so far, like the "Crunch" model it drops you into when it first starts up.

The morphing feature needs some modes that aren't pedal driven (e.g. volume, oscilator etc). If i've just overlooked these then I'd love to know how to implement this.

Gonna have to get used to the strobe tuner, interesting addition, not sure if it's any more accurate than the old bubble system, either way it's a nice addition.

Love that we can now rearrange the delays and that both space and trad delay is on there, maybe they should be together though in the fx list as part of a delay block? Still not quite sure how all the different delay types now translate to the controls of the traditional delay (is there a tute somewhere?).

Great job so far Kemper Team!

• So, new Delays and (hopefully) Reverbs will not appear until OS 5.0? Is this correct?
    At least, that is what I have gleaned from the 4.0 Addendum Manual:

Page 5)

Recently, we have been working intensively on some brand new delay algorithms, and a number of new delay types
    will be released in an upcoming software revision 5.0.

• So, new Delays and (hopefully) Reverbs will not appear until OS 5.0? Is this correct?
    At least, that is what I have gleaned from the 4.0 Addendum Manual:

Page 5)

Yes,but then it will be cmpl new algorithms for them, till then you can
    set up to 7 diff delays in the slots, and built whatever you need with them
    should be enough fun till 5.0 :D

• Yes,but then it will be cmpl new algorithms for them, till then you can
    set up to 7 diff delays in the slots, and built whatever you need with them
    should be enough fun till 5.0 :D

Agreed. I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining. I will have enough to do just exploring the Morphing features. :D

• Stupid question...how does the new "mix" parameter on the distortions differ from the standard "level" parameter?

The level parameter controls the volume of your distortion stomp.
    The mix parameter controls the amount of distortion compared to your clean signal; if the mix is set to 0, you only have your clean signal; this wil be particularly useful with the new morph function, or if you want to add some distortion stomp and still keep the clarity of your clean signal for instance.

• Just a question, do I get this right:

"added: function Looper Button 1 (Record/Playback/Overdub) and 2 (Stop) as well as Morph Button can be assigned to external switches (...)"

means, I can now use a controller hooked to the KPA via TRS to use the looper? Would be great...

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Not sure I got this right, I'm on 3.2 now; I need to upgrade to 3.3 before I upgrade to 4.0 if I want to downgrade sometime, and still keep my saved presets, is it correct?

• Not sure I got this right, I'm on 3.2 now; I need to upgrade to 3.3 before I upgrade to 4.0 if I want to downgrade sometime, and still keep my saved presets, is it correct?

I do not understand in this way
    Upgrade from 3.2 to 4.0 is not effected by the following sentence. (Your rigs and the other content will be converted automatically)

Quote:
    Rigs, Performances, Presets, and Snapshots created under this operating system are only downward compatible with operating system 3.3.0 Build 11973, but not with elder operating systems! : unquote

I think if you create something now with 4.0 you can downgrade it only to 3.3. With an older version it would not work.

Important: RM must be 1.5 build 40

• The level parameter controls the volume of your distortion stomp.
    The mix parameter controls the amount of distortion compared to your clean signal; if the mix is set to 0, you only have your clean signal; this wil be particularly useful with the new morph function, or if you want to add some distortion stomp and still keep the clarity of your clean signal for instance.

Not only this. The mix parameter may be also useful for those who find that the gain of the tube screamer at 0.0 is still too much for their needs.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Upgrade went without a hitch and morphing is majorly cool!!! Can't wait for the rig exchange to swell up with new ideas for using it... kudos to all involved in this release!!!

The older I get, the better I was.