FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Overdrives/Distortions are now easier to dial in. Tone goes from 0-10. So for example for the Metal guys..when you like the toneknob on your Tubescreamer at 10 o clock...you can now dial in 10 o clock..(at about tone 3.0) i bet some will like the greenscream now way way more than before. Btw i like drive "0,5-1"...not "0" that much and in some cases the new paramter Mix is really nice at about 80% to let some lowend thru. Try it! ;)

• Can a normal midi controller also be used as a morphing button? How would that work? Does a consecutive midi PC trigger the morphing in browse mode?

Control changes need to be sent. #11 is the easiest and allows continuous control of Morphing.

• Zitat von neo84: „Zitat von Burkhard: „Zitat von FTUcub: „Zitat von Stefans-Kemper: „Does anybody know how to use the morph function with the FCB1010?“

I am also trying to figure this out.“

Uno4Kemper supports Morphing in principle similar…

So can a normal midi controller be used as morph button or do we need the remote for that? If I send midi CC11 via a button which value should that be? I'm talking about a button push an not a continuous control pedal.
    Or can we send fixed values for the CC e.g. CC11 Value 64 for a "half morphed" rig.

Edited 2 times, last by neo84 ().

• OK cool,,still cant get the pedal to control morphing, it works with the remote,
    just watched the vids, but cant seem to assign the mission pedal to morph, still at it,, went to system, picked pedal 6,on remote, plugged it into output 1 from pedal,just cant get it working,,
    Thanks all

• Uno4Kemper supports Morphing in principle similar to the Remote. So reading the Addendum 4.0 is helpful.

First hit of button 1 loads a Rig in its Base Sound. The next hit of the same button toggles Rig into Morph Sound, which at the beginning sounds like Base Sound until you start to edit Rig parameters. In Morph Sound all parameter changes are associated with Morph Sound, in Base Sound all parameter changes are associated with that sound. Subsequent hits of that button 1 toggle between Base Sound and Morph Sound. At the end don't forget to store Rig including Morphing before you load another Rig.

Any other MIDI users can configure a Morph Pedal (control change #11) to set up and control Morphing. Such a Morph pedal can then be leveraged to opportunistically control Wah and Pitch (read about MorphPedal to Wah and Morph pedal to Pitch).

So far, so good.
    But how to use the expression pedals of the FCB1010 as "Morphing pedals"?

• Hats off.

I've just been playing for a few mins with morphing. I thought it'd be great but it's even better than I hoped for. I just plugged my TRS cable between my Source audio exp pedal into the Kemper remote and in the system menu told it to use morphing.

I like the little 'm' that appears next to parameters that will be morphed. Of course, on the Kemper there are lots of parameters you can't see from the front but.....

It's super easy to use and that's the genius of it - a feature won't get used by many people if it's more trouble that it's worth and this isn't - I dialed up one of my performances and very soon figured out how to morph the gain and then to take the OP volume down a little (what I wanted in this case) whilst altering the delay mix. Very, very cool.

I'm also liking the strobe tuner and it's nice that you can choose to have the bubble if you liked that - keeps everyone happy.

An excellent update on first impressions and I'm looking forward to the 'what's next' :)

• Overdrives/Distortions are now easier to dial in. Tone goes from 0-10. So for example for the Metal guys..when you like the toneknob on your Tubescreamer at 10 o clock...you can now dial in 10 o clock..(at about tone 3.0) i bet some will like the greenscream now way way more than before. Btw i like drive "0,5-1"...not "0" that much and in some cases the new paramter Mix is really nice at about 80% to let some lowend thru. Try it! ;)

So this ain't just my impression.
    I think that the pedals are way smoother and more "guitar friendly" than in the past, even if the mix parameter is set to 100%.

• Have you enabled "Morph to Wah" in the KPA?

Ive sat trying this. Using the wah on the FCB does not seem to work for morphing. Tapping the button again, like on the remote works perfectly. Enabling "Morph to Wah" did not work for this. Moving the wah pedal has no effect on the morph progress bar, but moving the progress bar in "system" moves the wah with it. It works one way, but not the other way around.

• Let's be clear ... a standard FCB1010 is no Uno4Kemper.

If you are using an unmodified FCB1010 (or any other universal MIDI controller) you need to assign control change #11 to one of its pedals and will be able to control Morphing continuously.

If you are using Uno4Kemper you cannot assign Morphing to one of the pedals to my best knowledge, but you can control Morphing via the buttons 1-5 and determine timing via Rise Time and Fall Time in Rig Menu. "Morph to Wah" doesn't help as this allows to control Wah with a Morph Pedal and not the opposite.

Anybody could connect an expression pedal to Profiler directly and configure as Morph Pedal as if connecting it to the Remote.

• First problem!
    I was just playing the guitar a little bit.
    Then the first problem with the new firmware.
    Please see attached picture!

Anyone else experienced this? Am afraid to update!

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12