FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Really wanting to have a play with the Beta's features, but I'm a pussy and will wait for the full release I guess

Its a wise decision. Still it's a Beta-Version.
    My next Gig is in 2 weeks. So I have plenty time to test at home and at rehearsal.
    My experiences till now. No problems, just some insurance.
    If I would have a GIG this evening I would downgrade and load the backup.
    But it's only a rehearsal and I go with 4.0 Beta. :rolleyes:

• Answer of Kemper support:

"Dear stefan,we can reproduce such issues, if MIDI PCs are sent in Performance Mode. This is currently under investuigation!If you know another scenario, please let us know!"

yep, seems to be a midi issue...

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I use MIDI in my band so this is good to know. I'll make sure to take a USB stick with the 3.3 downgrade to the next rehearsal just in case!

• Answer of Kemper support:

"Dear stefan,we can reproduce such issues, if MIDI PCs are sent in Performance Mode. This is currently under investuigation!If you know another scenario, please let us know!"

Yikes! Is this on sending PCs out from the KPA, or receiving them?

• @whippinpost91850

The tuner mute is working for me, though I rebooted immediately after the upgrade.

I´ve noticed your statement, and will try it later...

Thank you, I hope it´ll work for me also, I am using the mute often, since I am also playing with the SY 300(Boss guitar synth).

• I got a response from support about the missing delay presets.

yes, true, this item got lost, sorry! We might include this functionality in the next 4.0 revision. The data is still in your repository and not lost.The pragmatic approach for you would be: I'm assuming if these are your favorite delay settings, you have used them in Rigs. Then you could simply use the COPY/PASTE function to copy these into other Rigs or store a new Delay Preset. So you load a Rig with a favorite delay, open the Delay Module, press STORE, select "New Delay" and assign a name.

[quote='ba_hill','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/28025-FW-4-0-beta-experiences-thread/?postID=296665#post296665']I have opened a support ticket for this issue. I'll report back when I hear something.

Brian

[quote='tntent','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/28025-FW-4-0-beta-experiences-thread/?postID=296657#post296657'][quote='ba_hill','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/28025-FW-4-0-beta-experiences-thread/?postID=296636#post296636']I, too, have lost all my previous delay presets. I did a backup before installing 4.0. Is there a way to recover just the delay preset from there?

• One thing I've just noticed is that my delay settings don't change properly when switching from a morphed rig to a non morphed rig in a performance. My setup is two slots in a performance as follows:

Slot 1: Morphs between 0 delay Mix and 60 delay mix.
    Slot 2: Similar sound but with 60 delay mix and no morphing

If I switch from slot 1 (no delay) to slot 2 (with delay) all works fine, but if I switch from the morphed slot 1 sound (with delay) slot 2 then has no delay despite the DELAY button still being lit and the Mix shown as 60%.

Edited once, last by pauljoy ().

• Yes, it helped... Today starting my Kemper and Mute is working. Thank you!

I was a little overhasty, I´ve tested with the chicken head knob only and was so excited that I had to state...
    With Midi no mute at all (Browse and Performance mode ) :(

• thanks for updating us. Though as I stated earlier many of my saved delay presets were not saved with a rig and thus, right now can't be found. I'm sure the data is still there but no way to locate them I know of. Guess I'll see what happens after update unless someone from kemper can tell me another way to recover.

• I got a response back from support that going to tuner mode via midi commands the mute function is not working. It's on their list to fix. So people with the Kemper remote probably didn't experience it.

Also, the scaling for CC midi values to set delay mix is now different. So i'll have to go back and redo the values to match the mix values I want.

Good support and fast responses. I'm going back to 3.3 for now as the tuner/mute thing is a deal breaker for playing this weekend.

• It could be due to the fact that the Pure Cab is now engaged by default with a setting of 3.0, if you had never used it before.

Dlaut, you beat me to it. Yes, I also was thinking the Pure Cab new engaged default state might explain the perception.

• A big thumbs up to the new features from me. I was having so much fun with the new slottable delays. I find it quite hilarious that Kemper whittled down all those existing modes to just one haha, I think the community has been had. :D

Here's a clip I recorded of a nice delay effect I copped while fooling around with morphing. Do listen with headphones so you can hear the decay and other modulation in the effect. I liked it quite a lot and spent a lot of time just jamming with it.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The last one is a bit misleading. It's just something you do on a looper and play along to - nice, juvenile fun! :thumbup:

@RRMoxy One of the delays is in front of the amp.

• Ok, i have read the statement from support. The older delay presets are not availible. Hint from support: Load your old rig with a fav delay and store it again. Good to know, because as i have written before: When you unzipp a backup of 4.0 the old presets are visible in the delay folder. So the data are still on the machine but not visible.
    In older fw you pushed the delay button and you scrolled thru your presets. Very quick and easy because there where some factory presets and some owner presets. Only delays.
    With 4.0 the delay presets are in the stomp presets. On my kpa 207. Very nice that we have to scroll and to scroll and to scroll.........
    This is not userfriendly and practicable. Maybe it it pushes the sparepart management because the browse button gets hot from all this scrolling ;)
    Same thing in cab section because we havent a cab manager in rig manager for a quick cab selection. Requested a few times. Think its difficult to set prios, to create a second tuner (strobo) is shurly more important.

THX for the more time in performance load pending mode. This helps!
    Its very nice that we can assign the looper,tuner and tap button on the remote to other functions. The decision for that is interessing for me. I bought the remote because for me the main feature (in comparsison to the fcb1010) was that i can set the stomps as i like, with the fcb it was global. What i dont understood is, there are 8! soft buttons from stomp a to reverb but only for knobs on the remot (for 500 €). An argument is that you can set more than one function on one switch, but have you tried it when playing live? You must have all your stomp programming for a rig in mind. One switch, one function is much easier imho. So with this 3 "new" knobs we have 7 switches, hoorrrray! I use 8 because i setted a marshall switch to pedal 3 :P
    Anyway, the update is for free and i like to thank all the genius kemper guys for their awesome work and support.
    I love this green monster and cant wait for the delays and reverbs because with this thinks i save money (i dont have to buy the eventide H9 :D ) . Hope it takes not to long.

Cheers
    Frank

Aahh sorry, no comment about morphing. I am waiting for some rigs on RE which blow me away because i dont have the time to tweak this feature.