FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• See the attached video. I was in browser mode then clicked on my footswitch which is the ring on # 2 switch and when switched - strobe mode is all black and just shows the cents on the bottom, click on bubble tuner then back to strobe it is ok. Press the footswitch again to switch the tuner off with ring on #2 footswitch and the strobe part stays on the screen. I did this several time son the video. The only fix is to switch the main switch from browser to tuner then back to browser.
    here is a link to the video - https://youtu.be/Mw61dKKXf-Q

• The compressor has mix control. Pure boost is just...pure boost, so you'd only need to control volume. Not sure about the other two.

actually, there is no mix for compressor only intensity, which when left at zero still has some noticeable impact on tone for some reason. You are correct about the pure boost though, thanks for pointing that out. I was just trying to name the effects that dont have a mix control after trying to include a compressor and treble boost in a morphing rig with no initial impact on Tone. Treble booster can probably be done with eq and pure boost with just volume but compressor has me baffled on how to include with no impact..

• downloaded 4.0beta yesterday, it was downloaded without any problems. I liked the legacy delay! it was more natural then any of the other delays. but now its only the Legacy! I tryed to place a delay in the stomps but that did not sound good! it reminded me why I always put my gear trough the FX Loop in my amps!
    The mix parameter on stomp was nice. Morfing is not very relevant for my style, so i did not try it.
    Does anybody know if its possible to fix cents in the tuner? It fould be nice to have BUzz Feiten tuning on my Kemper..The strobe was ok, but I have to use my Peterson tuner anyway until I can set cents on different notes.
    all my rigs and Performances seems OK after update.. two gigs this weekend so I am going to test it live

• Cool stuff Arvind! Can you share any of your settings?

I'm loving the new features and morphing a ton. I've already tweaked many of my normal cover band rigs. I'm finding this greatly reduces (and improves the rig sound) the number of rigs and slots needed. Keep experimenting, man. You're onto something really nice. :thumbup:

Thanks, Gary! I was using one of Sinmix's profiles, which I had morphed into something entirely different, haha! I'll copy those settings to a CK0 rig and post it on the rig exchange. Basically involved two delays post-amp and one before it. Reverb also played a part.

• So, any workaround in horizon to use fcb+uno for morphing?

I think if you go back to the stock chip, you should be able to programme the expression pedal to transmit on CC#11. But this would mean losing out on the other functionality, such as looper mode, etc. I think you're going to have to wait for a new EPROM to be released before it will be possible to have all these features simultaneously with the FCB1010.

One option to get going right now, however, would be to get an additional expression pedal and just hook it up to the back of the Kemper. That way, the two expression pedals on the FCB could be dedicated to volume, wah and pitch.

• I think if you go back to the stock chip, you should be able to programme the expression pedal to transmit on CC#11. But this would mean losing out on the other functionality, such as looper mode, etc. I think you're going to have to wait for a new EPROM to be released before it will be possible to have all these features simultaneously with the FCB1010.

One option to get going right now, however, would be to get an additional expression pedal and just hook it up to the back of the Kemper. That way, the two expression pedals on the FCB could be dedicated to volume, wah and pitch.

For now, the problem of the new firmware is not the unpossible use of the FCB1010's pedals for morphing,
    but the constant crashes during the use of the FCB1010 !!!

• Quote from athasel: “So, any workaround in horizon to use fcb+uno for morphing?”

I think if you go back to the stock chip, you should be able to programme the expression pedal to transmit on CC#11. But this would mean losing out on the other…

Well, i just bought this fcb+uno combo :) Maybe i'll try some other chip when it's 100 % sure that those works.
    Stock chip would be option, since i still have it, but that really kills the whole point for me.

Additional exp pedal sounds actually pretty good idea, it is for sure that i have to spend extra money either way.. Or, if i manage to sell few guitars soon, then maybe i'll go straight with remote+exp pedals :)

• I think if you go back to the stock chip, you should be able to programme the expression pedal to transmit on CC#11. But this would mean losing out on the other functionality, such as looper mode, etc. I think you're going to have to wait for a new EPROM to be released before it will be possible to have all these features simultaneously with the FCB1010.

How did you get your FCB with the UNO4Kemper to work as a looper? I am fine with not using an expression pedal for morphing, I prefer to just tap the particular slot button again let it do the morphing to the time I set it to.

• See the attached video. I was in browser mode then clicked on my footswitch which is the ring on # 2 switch and when switched - strobe mode is all black and just shows the cents on the bottom, click on bubble tuner then back to strobe it is ok. Press the footswitch again to switch the tuner off with ring on #2 footswitch and the strobe part stays on the screen. I did this several time son the video. The only fix is to switch the main switch from browser to tuner then back to browser.

Well I have the same indication if there is no signal at the input. Drop down the volume of the guitar let disapear the strobe indication.
    The bubble indication stays but is a senseless information.

I was confused also ;)

• Spent a couple of hours on 4.0 last night. Upgrade went fine. Really enjoying the morph feature. Already set up a few rigs with it enabled. I've set it for immediate switch up and down when a button on the remote is pressed so it acts like another rig...but will mainly use it with an expression pedal. The option to do both us awesome.

Will try multiple delays tonight....was enjoying morphing so much I ran out of time.

Loving that you can use the looper button for other things....ive accidently activated the looper a few times due to my clumsy size 9's...luckily only in rehearsal!

Great update. Kemper continues to deliver.

• This will be a major pain for me live. There are probably many times I accidentally hit the same button and now it will go to morph mode

This fix should be something like needing to hold down the preset button on the remote for 3 seconds to engage the morphing edit or setup, that way double tapping a preset doesn't automatically send you into set up mode on a preset where you don't need a morph feature

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• I had troubles assigning the stomps to the remote, all the delays disappeared and I wasn't able to load again the presets of the stomp (using the pendrive I could only backup/restore, no other options available), the position of some performances were modified. So I downgraded to the previous FW.

• actually, there is no mix for compressor only intensity, which when left at zero still has some noticeable impact on tone for some reason. You are correct about the pure boost though, thanks for pointing that out. I was just trying to name the effects that dont have a mix control after trying to include a compressor and treble boost in a morphing rig with no initial impact on Tone. Treble booster can probably be done with eq and pure boost with just volume but compressor has me baffled on how to include with no impact..

Hm, are you sure you have been to page two on the compressor? There's a Mix control there, and when set to zero I really hear no impact on the signal.

• Hm, are you sure you have been to page two on the compressor? There's a Mix control there, and when set to zero I really hear no impact on the signal.[/quote]

That`s what i have missed for previous versons.. guitarsound for me is all about transparency.. effects and stomps is a supplement for the tone and adding things to the tone.. not the oppositte! breakup distortion is much better to get nice now when you can use just enaugh amont of distrotion depending on guitar pickups and ampsettings