FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• @ Tritium: Had the same problem yesterday and Robrecht helped me out (see page 6 of this thread).
    As far as I understand morphing is only within one rig. You change parameters, not rigs.

Yes kempermaniac, its only possible to morph in one rig, and this is why i cant understand the hype.
    Its a fading of parameters. I expected also a fading from a clean ampprofile to a high gain profile af another amp . With that function you can mix amps (like line 6 pod does years ago, not with a fader but you have had the opportunity to create a mixed amp rig) . So for me its a nice gimmick ( as also other user have written) but i give a +1 to comments like "i am not so interested in this "morphing". But for
    shure, there are many users out there and they are happy with this function. For me its not the big shot as announced in front of Namm "February will be great for kemper user, or so". We are in april and we cant still mix amps.

only my 2 cents because i am a little dissapointed.
    Anyway, i tryed the examples yesterday, for me there was no good sounding rig in the 17 examples. I changed the amp and the cab in some example, sound was much better with guidos amp f.e. and the tweaking is also very easy. I used it with my moog ep3 pedal and the remote. Pedal to toe, setted the parameters that i like to morph, pedal to heel, changed the parameters, store, ready. That was great and easy and this what i have not expected. It is quick and easy. Maybe after some expierience i start to like it and i will use it.
    As i have posted, we all are looking for the holy grail sound and we learned that we have to use "sweet spot profiles" for that, this is why the commercial profiling guys spent a lot of time to create a perfect chrunch profile. For me it was the philosopy behind the kpa and yet? They tell us we can set a low gain setting on toe and we we can mprh to high gain. What about the sweet spot?
    For me it sounds a little bit like " i dont care about the words that i have spoken yesterday".
    But please, these are only my 2 cents. I really give a thumb up for all the work and support to the kemper guys. They do a graet job and with the words of my grandma "you cant have every think" ;)

• I was a little overhasty, I´ve tested with the chicken head knob only and was so excited that I had to state...
    With Midi no mute at all (Browse and Performance mode ) :(

@drandall I'm used to resetting the FX status of a rig the same way. I will likely program a morph to turn the FX mix up, and then press the rig button again to morph them off.

However, you can make a Feature Request to be able to selectively turn morph off for specific rigs/slots.

I ran into this problem last night at rehearsal, as I also use the rig button to go back to the off state of effects.
    I also thought ( wrongly) that you could morph effects on/off. It appears to be any effect in a slot you want to turn on or off has to be set to on and you have to use a value of "0" on the effect to make it appear to be off.
    I also was hoping we could send a Midi program PC or CC in the morphing process

But definitely feel the necessity to have morphing selectable per slot

• I for one am pleased with the added capabilities this release brings. If morphing isn't something that enhances your experience, then that's cool. We each have different needs and desires. However, I certainly think that complaining about it is unnecessary. This is a FREE update. Thanks to the Kemper team for all of their efforts :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• For me it was the philosopy behind the kpa and yet? They tell us we can set a low gain setting on toe and we we can mprh to high gain. What about the sweet spot?

Have you experiment a crunch\distorted profile morphed to clean? Choose one that cleans beautifully, and call it a day :)

While you clean it add some amp Compressor, a bit of chorus or some more reverb... and what about a distortion pedal in the Parallel path, and maybe changing the cab's Hi resonance?

Just some random ideas ^^

• Have you experiment a crunch\distorted profile morphed to clean? Choose one that cleans beautifully, and call it a day :)

While you clean it add some amp Compressor, a bit of chorus or some more reverb... and what about a distortion pedal in the Parallel path, and maybe changing the cab's Hi resonance?

Just some random ideas ^^

Yeah, this example and many more!
    You need some more fantasy, @Eltzejupp. ;)
    Really!

• I have not upgraded yet, and don't know if I will be using the morphing feature much, but I do appreciate the Kemper team continually working to add more and more features to the product.

I don't think Kemper did anything to overhype the morphing feature other than introducing it at Namm. The community here as a whole hyped it a lot in anticipation of the release.

If anything, we have another tool on our tool belt of sound creation. And we already know there's more to come.

Thank you Kemper team!

• Yeah, this example and many more!
    You need some more fantasy, @Eltzejupp. ;)
    Really!

As i have written, just my two cents professor morphtm. :rolleyes:
    I expected amp morph and it isn't. With a lot of fantasy we can create something near but its also not amp morhping, maybe in fantasialand. I am with you and with viabcroce, there are many possibilties for shure and at the moment i am tweaking some rigs of mine from a near clean chrunch to a steve vai high gain sound (for the love god tune) and it sounds very good. Maybe i can try it live tomorrow at the frankfurt trade after show party.
    I think it will sound awesome, but its not amp morphing ;)
    In my fantasy i see it comming.......a clean fender amp combined with a good rocking jcm800, volume on the git a little closed and the shimmer of the fender arives (uahh it'only fantasy....so be shure i have it).So finaly i know it's very difficult to criticize some thing about the kpa here in this forum, i have seen it many times (shitstorm for critics) but i dont care for it so much. For me a forum is also a platform where i can say i am dissapointed because it is not what i have expected and what was pronounced as "Quantensprung" in february just with the Namm start.
    Quatensprung?Quantum? Have heard that one company uses a quantum FW and you can mix 3 amps. But i have forgotten the name of the product.

cheers
    still happy with the kpa, for me the best peace of gear (also without amp morphing)

Frank

• @ Eltzajupp: I don't think we'll ever see morphing between rigs. This is because, you'd have to have a way to organize what rigs morph between each other. Say you wanted slot 1 and 2. You'l need a way to link them together so that a dedicated expression pedal would sweep between them. But how would it work? you're on slot 1 and can sweep to slot 2 with toe down? But what if you were on slot 2. would toe down now go to 1? Sounds like an organizational nightmare. The only way to morph between amps would be if one rig could have 2 amps and you could morph the parameter that affects the balance between the two. But as we've been told, the Kemper will never be able to have two profiles in a single rig.

As much as it might be cool to morph from my favorite clean to favorite crunch, favorite lead or whatever, I think there are some useful applications even adjusting those "sweet spot profiles" True, the sweet spot is where the amp sounded best for a particular sound. In fact a particular amp often only has a few sweet spots and sounds they can't get. You're not getting Marshall crunch out of a Fender for example or a Fender clean out of a Marshall. However, the controls on the Kemper often give you new sweet spots that the real amp couldn't get on its own. For example adding a touch more gain, or clarity, definition, or whatever. At times, I use only a couple profiles for all my live sounds and have a lower and higher gain version of the same profile (sometimes with a little subtle eq change as well.) For me, choosing where I want the gain is a compromise, and now I have more than one choice per rig.

• Maybe after some expierience i start to like it and i will use it.
    As i have posted, we all are looking for the holy grail sound and we learned that we have to use "sweet spot profiles" for that, this is why the commercial profiling guys spent a lot of time to create a perfect chrunch profile. For me it was the philosopy behind the kpa and yet? They tell us we can set a low gain setting on toe and we we can mprh to high gain. What about the sweet spot?
    For me it sounds a little bit like " i dont care about the words that i have spoken yesterday".
    But please, these are only my 2 cents. I really give a thumb up for all the work and support to the kemper guys. They do a graet job and with the words of my grandma "you cant have every think" ;)

Eltzejup, this is an excellent question.

If I understand what you are meaning by a "sweet-spot", and understanding the new Morphing capability correctly, I also am a bit perplexed when it comes to conceptualizing how to set up morphing in this example:

Say that you want a particular default rig/profile to act as the default "sweet-spot" or "mid-point" in a changing gain/distortion scenario. How would one go about setting up the morphing with an expression pedal, so that you can either decrease the gain/distortion below the default value, or increase the gain//distortion beyond the default value, without switching rig/preset. In other words, you kind of want your expression pedals "mid-point" position to be the default gain, and have the ability to sweep across the default value by moving the pedal in the corresponding direction (e.g. towards heel to lower gain, towards toe to increase gain).

Again, if I understand the morphing as it currently stands, this is not possible. In other words, you can only go in one direction...because you have to set the expression pedal at either the toe position or heel position for the default base-line.

At first, I was thinking the intended "motion around the sweet-spot" of a rig/profile's default gain might be accomplished indirectly by using a boost or OD stompbox effect, and morphing that. But you still have the same predicament of assigning a default value at one extreme of the expression pedal.

So, is there something I am not thinking about, here...that would allow you to assign/configure a given parameter as a default "mid-point", whereby you can use an expression pedal to morph the value of this parameter on both sides of the default, i.e. both lower and higher?

I am sure that I am missing something glaringly obvious, here. So everyone, please don't be shy. But make no mistake, I am also fine if this is not a possibility. The new morphing feature adds a bunch of new capability, and I am quite content.

• @ Eltzajupp: I don't think we'll ever see morphing between rigs. This is because, you'd have to have a way to organize what rigs morph between each other. Say you wanted slot 1 and 2. You'l need a way to link them together so that a dedicated expression pedal would sweep between them. But how would it work? you're on slot 1 and can sweep to slot 2 with toe down? But what if you were on slot 2. would toe down now go to 1? Sounds like an organizational nightmare. The only way to morph between amps would be if one rig could have 2 amps and you could morph the parameter that affects the balance between the two. But as we've been told, the Kemper will never be able to have two profiles in a single rig.

As much as it might be cool to morph from my favorite clean to favorite crunch, favorite lead or whatever, I think there are some useful applications even adjusting those "sweet spot profiles" True, the sweet spot is where the amp sounded best for a particular sound. In fact a particular amp often only has a few sweet spots and sounds they can't get. You're not getting Marshall crunch out of a Fender for example or a Fender clean out of a Marshall. However, the controls on the Kemper often give you new sweet spots that the real amp couldn't get on its own. For example adding a touch more gain, or clarity, definition, or whatever. At times, I use only a couple profiles for all my live sounds and have a lower and higher gain version of the same profile (sometimes with a little subtle eq change as well.) For me, choosing where I want the gain is a compromise, and now I have more than one choice per rig.

I agree Grooguit,you pointed it out, "As much as it might be cool to morph from my favorite clean to favorite crunch, favorite lead or whatever.....", thats what i mean. A developement like would be freaky new. Amp mixing is an old shoe (line 6, fractal..), and amp mixing is also impossible. Maybe the day will come. Mixing without morphing was a very often request. Mixing with morphing will blow competitors away.

cheers
    Frank

• For this scenario.....

If you load a rig that has not yet been morphed, you can (by turning the gain knob) see the exact value of the gain which is the profile's original sweet spot. Let us say that this is 5.0 on a particular amp.

If you wanted that original gain to be in the middle? Simply morph the gain so that you are at a 2 at heel position and 8 at toe position. When you are half way? Well, you're back at the 100% original profile :)

This, I think, would do what you're asking? :)