FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• I am getting a lag time when switching between any rigs,takes half a sec to switch, tried restart, same thing,,It used to switch instantly,,
    anyone else?

I've noticed that as well, will re-test when I go home for lunch.

btw - Burkhard responded to my support ticket and agreed with me the pedal link settings are not currently being saved, so I at least have to reset the check box (morph to wah) each time I restart. He said they'll work on that problem.

Gary ô¿ô

• Love it all,, but I am getting a lag time when switching between any rigs,takes half a sec to switch, tried restart, same thing,,It used to switch instantly,,
    anyone else?
    Thanks all

Me too on performance mode in 4.0, but 4.01 improved the sound lag for me although the screen changes are still lagging far behind.

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• Hey guys
    Just checked 4.0
    I play in a reggae/dub band, I can tell you I'm going to have loads of fun with the morphing and the delay to create some crazy out of space fx !
    Thanks Kemper team !!!

• Where are the delays?!?!? i'm totally disapponited :( ...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

THIS delay ...i waited for a delay like this since i have the kemper ... and i was soooo happy about the update and now : even less delays

• In response to the desire to morph 2 separate profiles. Sure it would be cool I guess. However, even if you could morph your profile from the original amp's gain from 4 to 8, lets say, that doesn't mean the morph will be like adjusting your gain that amount in the real world. (For that matter you couldn't do this in the real world unless you had a guitar tech standing backstage doing it for you) In any event, the start and stop would match, but the journey wouldn't necessarily. This is because, to morph between two fixed profiles you'd just be doing a crossfade between the two, not moving the original gain knob between the two.

It's been pointed out that backing off gain of a profile tends to match the original more than increasing the profile gain matches. However, particularly when backing gain off a profile, its the difference between backing the gain off the amp set up as it was profiled is that much different? Isn't a huge part of what makes a profile a "sweet spot" the cab and miking technique and equipment anyway? (That's why people pay for commercial profiles of common amps)

My point is, why did we use tube amps to begin with? Not for their convenience, cost, or because we love the heat put off by tubes and replacing them. We're so used to treating digital gear like "Yeah but it lacks something magic of the real amp it copies" that we assume any variance from the original amp is a negative. Whereas, I see it as Kemper has created a product that absolutely sounds and responds as real, natural, warm, etc. as the original, but at any volume and without the inconveniences of tubes, however with so many more ways to tweak without making it sounding cheap or fake. For me, since the Kemper exists, I'm done with tube amps. I'll never buy one and can't figure out why I'd even bother making my own profiles. Finding good profiles and tweaking them in the Kemper is now how I get "my sound" My sound doesn't exists in a tube amp, as it required a Kemper to create.

• @Bommel you still have all the delays you had before ( the original types of delays have been combined into one Legacy Delay). But, now, you can put a delay into more than one slot.

yeah i know but ... i hoped to get more and fancier delays and not one for every slot (which is cool :D )
    have they changed something i always used the analog delay and the legacy delay sounds colder ... more digital ... hmmm

this crystal delay an a vibrato option for the analog delay ... not much i'm asking for i think ...

does anybody know when the delays of the 4.0 presentation will come ?

• yeah i know but ... i hoped to get more and fancier delays and not one for every slot (which is cool :D )
    have they changed something i always used the analog delay and the legacy delay sounds colder ... more digital ... hmmm

this crystal delay an a vibrato option for the analog delay ... not much i'm asking for i think ...

Good things come to those who wait ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• yeah i know but ... i hoped to get more and fancier delays and not one for every slot (which is cool :D )

Hello Bommel,

Not sure if you read the Addendum 4.0 that accompanied the new Firmware. The totally new delays are coming, and will be included in OS 5.0. I am not sure about reverbs. We know new and improved reverbs are also in the works, but it is unclear if these will make the next release (5.0).

From page 5 of the Addendum:

Recently, we have been working intensively on some brand new delay algorithms, and a number of new delay types
    will be released in an upcoming software revision 5.0. With this in mind, we have decided to rebuild the existing
    delay types, meaning they are now based on the new delay algorithms.

Cheers,
    John

• Just had my first real run through with the new fw... So far loving it. Consolidation of delays into Legacy Delay suits me really well, didn't like losing delay presets but no biggy and I know they are there somewhere should I need to dig around in the future. Putting a delay infont of the amp I could get much closer to my Malekko 616, so very happy there. Thought that the morphing seems way more powerful that I realised before, it's almost overwhelming! Not quite sure how best to integrate this into gigging yet. Strobe tuner seems cool too although I'll be honest the bubble seems easier to me! All in all an amazing job KPA team, well worth the wait. Only slight disappointment was the well documented behaviour of the type knob in fx selection is still there, and also that merged profiles and cabs still aren't differentiated or filterable, but minor gripes really!

• @Bommel you still have all the delays you had before ( the original types of delays have been combined into one Legacy Delay). But, now, you can put a delay into more than one slot.

So @paults, were the 3 delays

- Analog Delay
    - Free Delay
    - Tap Delay

included in OS <= 3.3.1, just one type of delay, that could have been replaced by current Legacy Delay?
    Because I can remember that one type of delay had parameter like note values 1/16th, 1/8th, 3/4 or so and another delay had parameter in milliseconds.

Oh this is To Tempo option now which changes from Delay Time in milliseconds to Note Value as x/y.....

So the Delay Time is for which old delay(s)?
    and Note Value is for which old delay(s)?

• Might I suggest that another sweet spot of your own profiles can be reached thanks to morphing.
    I mean: actually when you back the volume of your guitar plugged to the KPA, you just have a reduction in gain (of course if you don't have a treble bleed, you'll have the highs muffled).
    This behaviour is different from what you have in your amp.
    But now you can tweak the internal parameters to mimic that special behaviour of your own amps and morph these new settings with your "full" profile.

• that is great to hear :) i hope 5.0 doesn't take long xD

• just did the new update,,Big lag time is still there, sounds great, but useless as a giging amp at the moment,
    hope they sort it out soon, If I have to go back to 3 do you just put in that OS in a folder and hit update, even tho its backwards,,?

• Morphing is very easy and works intuitively, but an instructional video concerning new delay could be nice :) The algorithm is so versatile that it could save some time when trying to get a specific sound. And it could give whole new ideas.

posted a topic asking that perhaps some of our esteemed colleagues on this forum whom are quite knowledgeable in this area could post a tutorial doing exactly that. A tutorial with some common delay type examples going into some more advanced options. Enormous versatility now even before the next delays are released...