FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• just did the new update,,Big lag time is still there, sounds great, but useless as a giging amp at the moment,
    hope they sort it out soon, If I have to go back to 3 do you just put in that OS in a folder and hit update, even tho its backwards,,?

I guess you can, but I always prefer to "restore" a backup from my usb stick.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I don't know if this is the issue here, Paul, but I asked the other day about how much "tolerance" there'd be as far as the heel position is concerned.

My pedal is an old MIDI-volume one (analogue, for plugging into a translator such as a master keyboard), and a sweep through from heel to toe produces various stair steps. You don't hear them with FX (maybe for pitch if swept slowly, but I haven't tested this), but my guess is that the heel position wouldn't always produce a value of zero; I anticipate some leakage here and there.

How much leeway would the Kemper provide us? Surely it'd be a common issue that folks haven't quite nailed the fully-off position when they think they have, and the Kemper would then introduce Morphing links where they ought not to be, at least, not intentionally-created ones.

• a sweep through from heel to toe produces various stair steps

They may have accounted for slight deviations from the heel position. Normally, the MIDI CC transmission range using a continuous linear potentiometer from heel to toe would be translated to 128 steps. If your pedal's movements produce fewer steps than that (64? 32?), a slight movement past the heel may not be translated into a low enough CC value to be considered a "0" by the KPA.

• They may have accounted for slight deviations from the heel position. Normally, the MIDI CC transmission range using a continuous linear potentiometer from heel to toe would be translated to 128 steps. If your pedal's movements produce fewer steps than that (64? 32?), a slight movement past the heel may not be translated into a low enough CC value to be considered a "0" by the KPA.

Ha! This is exactly what I talked about in that other thread (I don't know where!).

I speculated that if the MIDI spec had employed a resolution such as that which it uses for pitch-bend data, we'd all have been in trouble unless the KPA intentionally provided some slack. Thankfully the 1/128th travel of the full distance would, you'd think, be sufficient for most, but would 0.5+ of the first increment be rounded up or would the first step's threshold have to be surpassed, I wonder.

At any rate, I'd like to see a leeway parameter available for this in the System menu, applicable to the wah-off-at-heel / toe functionality as well, as you'd expect. One could perhaps use the calibration line for feedback, travelling all the way forward and then back (calibration then complete), and then touching the pedal slightly forward to taste before hitting a soft button to set the threshold level above which the pedal will be seen as "active".

• Oh, I'm not worried about it Paul; I'd used it as an example only. I'd explained it all in more depth in that other thread or perhaps earlier in this one - I like to think of my fellow Kemperites, so was just suggesting the Kemper provide this facility, especially if it's going to create Morphing data unless these things are at "absolute heel".

I don't even use the pedal; I've only tested it for wah and it seems to work, but I'm not fussed as I'll buy a "proper" one one day... probably 2 (1 for wah and one for Morphing).

• Issue with the 4.0.0 update: System Settings>Page 11/18>Pedal assignment not retained upon restart. Running an FC-300 (2 expression pedals). Current settings; MorphPedal>Wah and MorphPedal>Pitch. Upon restarting the KPA, the pedal assignment boxes are unchecked. Prior to the update the settings page retained all of my previous settings. Any input/ideas?

• Issue with the 4.0.0 update: System Settings>Page 11/18>Pedal assignment not retained upon restart. Running an FC-300 (2 expression pedals). Current settings; MorphPedal>Wah and MorphPedal>Pitch. Upon restarting the KPA, the pedal assignment boxes are unchecked. Prior to the update the settings page retained all of my previous settings. Any input/ideas?

I've read that others have had this problem. Please contact support and let them know.

• What do you think ? Best to downgrade before a gig or safe enough without messing with settings and just using existing performances with remote

I have the same dilemma. I have a gig tonight and the beta firmware was stable enough at yesterday's marathon rehearsal... The only thing I noticed that bugged me was that the switch in my Mission EP-1 KP seemed to lack the usual snappy responsiveness. There seemed to be a lag when switching Stomp A (where I have my wah stomp on rigs) that varied in length; sometimes it was instant, sometimes it took up to half a second to register. I made sure it wasn't just the pedals rubber buffers by clicking the switch with my fingers and registering the response. The actual expression response seemed a bit laggy occasionally, too.