FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Tritium,
    Sorry for the late reply, but I have no home computer.
    I have very little computer expertise. I plod along like a slow animal.
    I haven't used the power amp sag feature or any of those auxiliary features since I am getting desirable sounds in the simplest, and only way I am able, without being confused.

I am not creating my own sounds, but only using Rig Exchange and other pre-created sound samples by M.Britt and a couple of others that I found on the Rig Exchange.

I do so little tinkering with the sounds, that I forget how to operate the Kemper but for turning iti on, and so I have to constantly go back and search within the owner's manual. Pathetic, I know, but that is why I am afraid of this update. I tried going to 3.3 but the unit would not update, so I thought it best to leave it alone for now.

• I tried going to 3.3 but the unit would not update, so I thought it best to leave it alone for now.

I'm in the same boat. I upgraded to the 4.0 beta thinking I could always roll back if needed. Oops. Now I have a pretty buggy unit that is going to have to sit on my desk until a non-buggy release version comes along.

A little annoyed here. I would have thought after almost (4?) years that the firmware would be a little more mature. Love the sounds, but the KPA is staying on my desk for practice and the Axe-Fx is staying in the live gigs.

• I'm in the same boat. I upgraded to the 4.0 beta thinking I could always roll back if needed. Oops. Now I have a pretty buggy unit that is going to have to sit on my desk until a non-buggy release version comes along.

A little annoyed here. I would have thought after almost (4?) years that the firmware would be a little more mature. Love the sounds, but the KPA is staying on my desk for practice and the Axe-Fx is staying in the live gigs.

4.* is an unstable beta release and you are not supposed to use it if you need a reliable unit. You are free to downgrade to 3.3 if you want to. Downgrading should always work!

What are your problems with downgrading? Are there any error messages?

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• No error messages. It just won't.

I assume you put the firmware file in the same place on your usb drive as you did with the 4.* file? Have you deleted the 4.* file before? Best thing would be to format your usb drive and try it again. Otherwise you should definitely open a support ticket and talk to the team. They will look into this and they'd be glad to know about this issue if it really is a bug since that would affect many users.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Make sure the Profiler is switched off.
    Insert the USB with 3.3 in the Update folder.
    Start the Profiler.
    Now you should be prompted to install the new OS.

For some time now I've been putting the kaos file in the root, not the Update folder, and it always works ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Make sure the Profiler is switched off.
    Insert the USB with 3.3 in the Update folder.
    Start the Profiler.
    Now you should be prompted to install the new OS.

For me, I only get prompts to update the FW if I insert the stick while the KPA is switched on and fully booted?!?

• Well, another thing for this evening.

I have two presets: One is clean while the morph stage has more gain. The second is crunchy and again the morph stage has more gain. While switching from the morphed stage of the first preset to the second, well, it does not really switch to what I try to. Indeed it seems to be a totally different amp. And after trying to figure what has happened:

• Well, another thing for this evening.

I have two presets: One is clean while the morph stage has more gain. The second is crunchy and again the morph stage has more gain. While switching from the morphed stage of the first preset to the second, well, it does not really switch to what I try to. Indeed it seems to be a totally different amp. And after trying to figure what has happened:

Make sure to open a support ticket.

• Installed FW4.0
    Created some nice morphed patches.
    Changed my performances to suit.
    Went to band practice.
    Came back home and played with the hidden delay profiles on Rig Manager.

I use a custom expression pedal and simple Boss FS7 for switching and other than the Kemper forgetting the Morph to Wah settings on shut down, it's been flawless. Not a sausage of unwanted behaviour at all. For my needs, FW4.0 is awesome.

• .[/quote]I normally put it in the root folder and boot with the two < > pressed down[/quote]

Is there a benefit to doing this ? IE like a clean install and wipe of the memory ?