FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• I have been watching this thread closely. Thanks to everyone for all the feedback and information :)

I use my Kemper with an FCB1010. I would be interested in hearing from others that have updated to the new 4.02 firmware to hear their thoughts before I take the plunge!

Is there a way for those of us with an FCB1010 to use one of the foot pedals to control morphing?

Also .... a big thanks to the Kemper team. What a great new release! As an engineer myself working with embedded systems, I also applaud you guys. Great beta program, and great turn around on the issues reported.

Way to go team Kemper!

• About FCB1010:
    You need to buy and insert a new chip with software 1.4 to use the pedals for morphing.
    I bought one and it works fine.
    Updated yesterday to 4.0.2 and there was one problem with doing a backup on USB-Stick.
    There is a different conversation about that.
    My performances work until now.

• With the new beta release (4.0.2), the flickering problem of the type knob has been resolved and the volume change between different rigs with the Remote has been resolved as well.

I can see the delay types (I could not see them with 4.0.1) however the disintegration between type and browse knobs while selecting stomp boxes continues. For instance when I select the delay effect with the type knob I can select all of the other stomp boxes with the browse knob, not only the delay presets. It is weird, not a big problem to me. But this should not happen as far as I guess.

• I can see the delay types (I could not see them with 4.0.1).

There's only one delay type now - the Legacy Delay, you probably mean the local presets.

For instance when I select the delay effect with the type knob I can select all of the other stomp boxes with the browse knob, not only the delay presets. It is weird, not a big problem to me. But this should not happen as far as I guess.

BROWSE always showed all the available presets for 'normal' stomps. Since the delay is now treated as any other stomp (free placement anywhere in the signal chain), it behaves the same way.

• About FCB1010:
    You need to buy and insert a new chip with software 1.4 to use the pedals for morphing.
    I bought one and it works fine.
    Updated yesterday to 4.0.2 and there was one problem with doing a backup on USB-Stick.
    There is a different conversation about that.
    My performances work until now.

Woot!

That is simple enough to do .... and well worth the money.

I'll be running straight over to the website and order the new chip now.

Thanks!!!

• There's only one delay type now - the Legacy Delay, you probably mean the local presets.

BROWSE always showed all the available presets for 'normal' stomps. Since the delay is now treated as any other stomp (free placement anywhere in the signal chain), it behaves the same way.

Yes for delays I wasn't able to see the local presets.

For the second issue, for example, when I select vintage chorus by the type knob, I should only see chor vint ce-1, chor vint psy, etc. by using the browse knob, right? But I can select any type of the local presets, like comp default or dist fuzz old. So either the type is not functioning properly or there is no need to use the type knob for selecting stomp boxes.

• For the second issue, for example, when I select vintage chorus by the type knob, I should only see chor vint ce-1, chor vint psy, etc. by using the browse knob, right? But I can select any type of the local presets, like comp default or dist fuzz old. So either the type is not functioning properly or there is no need to use the type knob for selecting stomp boxes.

it's always been like this. although there has been some discussion if this behaviour should be changed.
    I use mostly the TYPE knob since it is faster - much more presets than STOMPS available, obviously. ;)

• Just a thought: things are changing very fast with the Kemper at the moment. I would wait for a stable release before buying a new Uno chip, otherwise you might be buying several times.

• Just a thought: things are changing very fast with the Kemper at the moment. I would wait for a stable release before buying a new Uno chip, otherwise you might be buying several times.

If I'm not mistaken, the original design included all of this, so the UNO chip is unlikely to change IMO. OTOH, nothing's guaranteed ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• If I'm not mistaken, the original design included all of this, so the UNO chip is unlikely to change IMO. OTOH, nothing's guaranteed ...

I thought of that as well; however, it is my belief that the CC# for morphing is unlikely to change on the Kemper. The Uno4Kemper chip v1.4 is only a small change from 1.3 in that it allows you to setup either foot pedal as Wah, Volume, or Morph.

I already ordered it, but if I have to get another one, I only wasted ~ $23.00 ;)

I am still considering a KFC in the future. I am seeing them advertised now for as low as $450.00.... so it is starting to be quite tempting ;)

• Yesterday I downgraded to 3.3. Changing performances on the remote in version 4.x was slow and I couldn't see the numbers when I kept the foot on the switch for scrolling. Yesterday the Kemper freezed, while setting up a Pedal....
    Now I'll wait for the stable release.

• it's always been like this. although there has been some discussion if this behaviour should be changed.
    I use mostly the TYPE knob since it is faster - much more presets than STOMPS available, obviously. ;)

I think you should change this behavior... Or at least allow to sort the presets by "type of stomps" and point to the appropriate position on the list according to the stomp choosed few second before.