FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Bit late to the party here.

Am I right in thinking the main additions, aside from the fixes are morphing, strobe tuner and delays in any slot?

Anything else I've missed?

You might like that the remote's looper button can be assigned to other functions ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• We are working very close with UnO regarding compatibility. Uno4Kemper 1.4 is a feature update and a save bank to go.

That's great to hear and quite a relief I'm sure for U4K users. I was just basing my comment on the fact that U4K users had to upgrade their chip in order to use morphing. I mistakenly assumed that with things not very stable right now with the firmware, there could be some drastic changes that might render a new chip unusable in the short term.

Glad to know I'm wrong though!

• I think you should change this behavior... Or at least allow to sort the presets by "type of stomps" and point to the appropriate position on the list according to the stomp choosed few second before.

the preset list is already sorted by type, but I like your idea of jumping to the corresponding position within the preset pool, depending on the type of stomp active.

• A missing feature for sure, and required many times in the years already!
    It has also been suggested to limit the list shown through the Browse button to the related presets (to the effect chosen with Type or to the effect already placed in the slot if on focus).

IMO, the Type list might benefit from a simplification\reduction, like you guys have done with the delays. This would make Selecting the effect type -> Selecting the preset much quicker.
    For example, couldn't the Pure Booster be considered a specific setting\preset of the Booster? Is there actually the need for a separate type of effect?
    The same for the Gates: I think it would be more practical to just have one Gate module, and be able to set its rate from the module's parameters.
    the above, in the perspective of shortening the Type list and make the choice more straightforward. This would also help new users to go straight to what they want to achieve: setting a parameter to two different values is simpler and more direct that having to determine the difference between two different Types of effect IMO.

What do you guys think?

• I gigged with Beta 4.0.2 yesterday and all went well except for 1 little hiccup.
    At first it got stuck on startup, so I turned it off and re-started it and everything was fine for the whole 4 hour gig.

Sounded awesome as usual!

• Just updated to 4.02 beta, had no issues with the install and it took 12mins to update. Will give it a run through a little later today with my Voodoo Labs Ground Control. So far everything boots up ok. :thumbup:

• A missing feature for sure, and required many times in the years already!
    It has also been suggested to limit the list shown through the Browse button to the related presets (to the effect chosen with Type or to the effect already placed in the slot if on focus).

IMO, the Type list might benefit from a simplification\reduction, like you guys have done with the delays. This would make Selecting the effect type -> Selecting the preset much quicker.
    For example, couldn't the Pure Booster be considered a specific setting\preset of the Booster? Is there actually the need for a separate type of effect?
    The same for the Gates: I think it would be more practical to just have one Gate module, and be able to set its rate from the module's parameters.
    the above, in the perspective of shortening the Type list and make the choice more straightforward. This would also help new users to go straight to what they want to achieve: setting a parameter to two different values is simpler and more direct that having to determine the difference between two different Types of effect IMO.

A very good suggestion... but why not take that a step further: Make the "Type" list more specific (Boosters, Distortion/ODs, Chorus, Flanger, etc etc....) and once selected show all of the available presets for those, and only those effects? It'd be like being in the guitar store selecting stomp pedals by their true type. Wow would that make previewing and selecting what you really want easier and faster than the current Type or Browse libraries.

Just a thought!

Gary ô¿ô

• Sounds interesting, even tho I'm not fully getting the advantage: we have the two knobs, maybe I'm missing the point of how faster this can get by using one only.
    It seems to me that dynamically changing the menu contents as you seem to suggest might make things slower?

Also, note that I agree on "limit the list shown through the Browse button to the related presets (to the effect chosen with Type or to the effect already placed in the slot if on focus)" :)

• With the Type knob you'd have the broad categories as I suggested above, once chosen the Browse knob would ONLY show the effects specific for that category, so would not have to browse the whole list to find your sound. It's like using folders on a computer to organize and narrow searches. Sounds logical at least to me.

Gary ô¿ô

• With the Type knob you'd have the broad categories as I suggested above, once chosen the Browse knob would ONLY show the effects specific for that category, so would not have to browse the whole list to find your sound. It's like using folders on a computer to organize and narrow searches. Sounds logical at least to me.

I submitted a feature request a couple of years ago... I just stopped using effect presets :)
    Now I usually do copy/paste with others rigs slots... It's quicker than scrolling dozen of unwanted presets! ;)

• Here is the text from a Product Support Inquiry I just sent.

Howdy, updated to 4.0.2 from 3,3.0 last weekend. Here are a few small issues I've found.

I use an external midi controlled box and the KPA does not send midi to it in Performance mode until I play with the buttons on the KPA and Kemper Remote. I'm not sure what makes the KPA start to send signals to the pedal, but after a while of switching the Rigs on the Remote and the KPA it will start sending midi.

There is some intermittent excessive latency using Pitch Pedal. I have Morph on.

Some of the delay settings I had in 3.3.0 did not carry over to 4.0.2. They are there and on, but do not work the same way. i.e. I had a delay set with a single repeat and it was gone in 4.0.2.

The Kemper remote display and lights are slow to update sometimes when switching Rigs. The Rig tone seems to be available immediately, just takes time for visual stuff to catch up.

Learn to Swim

Gary, we are saying the same thing ;)

• Using beta 4.0.2 with Liquid Foot midi controller.

anyone else seeing that the undo and erase commands for the looper via midi are not working?

I've opened a ticket with support, not sure if anyone else is having the same issue.
    thanks
    sean

• Support let me know that Midi Implementation is being reworked in version 4. Documentation will follow. so if you're using a midi controller there could be functions that work differently or use different values in V4.