FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• I tried 4.0.2 today and lost my performance in slot 6 (i use only this one performance). The restore of the last backup (made with 3.3.0) did not change anything.

Downgrading to 3.3.0 brought my performance back. Is this a known problem?

Regards
    jock

Haven't heard specifically this problem, perhaps someone else has or you should report it. Since you only use one performance, why not make a couple copies so that, in the event one inadvertently gets changed etc, you have backups ? You may even find yourself doing a couple small variations of the same amp

• Yes, I submitted a ticket for this. The rig seems to load faster than the remote visuals do.

I noticed the same. Changing rig produces a small delay in the switching. It also produces a weird sound jump betwwen the 2 rigs (sorry, it's hard to explain).

• There is a lag now that wasn't there before. its to be expected with Beta software. :(

There is no issue known regarding a lag. Please open a support ticket...

Not completely true though ... There is a known lag regarding what the remote shows. This is a "bug" in the beta and I'm pretty sure they already know about that. But you shouldn't experience lag concerning the sound.

Anyways: Just open a ticket please.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• There is no issue known regarding a lag. Please open a support ticket...

Here is a video illustrating the lag between switching and the display on the Remote changing (sound still switches instantly thankfully!) :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At the end, you'll also notice the "missing performance" issue. Basically, whatever performance name you are changing from gets overwritten by the previous performance as you 'pass by'. Difficult to explain in words, so just watch the vid lol! ;)

• Anyone else experience "sticky" controls, e.g. dials reacting in very unpleasant/granular way - not physically of course, just parameters update like the pot would be broken. 4.0.2 latest beta

• Anyone else experience "sticky" controls, e.g. dials reacting in very unpleasant/granular way - not physically of course, just parameters update like the pot would be broken. 4.0.2 latest beta

Examples? Like EQ knobs on Profiler not changing values in "linear" manner? Can you share some video recording?

• Examples? Like EQ knobs on Profiler not changing values in "linear" manner? Can you share some video recording?

I'll make a video. Master volume is the worst - I just turned it quite slowly and the value jumped from 1.7 to 5.5 to 7.9 and then 10. It feels laggy and rough. I thought I had broken pot, but many others others react in the same way, depends on parameter.

EQ pots aren't that affected.

• I'll make a video. Master volume is the worst - I just turned it quite slowly and the value jumped from 1.7 to 5.5 to 7.9 and then 10. It feels laggy and rough. I thought I had broken pot, but many others others react in the same way, depends on parameter.

EQ pots aren't that affected.

I just tried Master Volume and it definitely "jumps" over values even while turning MASTER VOLUME knob slowly.

• Here.
    OS 4.0.2
    Take a look, how smooth is NOISE GATE value increasing - form 0.0 to 10.0 it just reaches every decimal value.
    In opposite MASTER VOLUME has big jumps like 4.1 - 5.1 - 7.2 - 7.8 - 8.9 - 10.0 - the same slow rotary speed of knob.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can anybody else confirm on 4.0.2 (how it behaves on other OS versions?)