FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• There's a definite lag on my remote when switching rigs, I thought this was a known issue, either way, for me, 4.02 has Sooooooo many advantages over 3 that I'm sticking with it.

• Maybe It's just me , but I don't like that you don't have to save a Rig in a slot in Performance Mode

I kinda like it. But it still feels weird since I'm not used to it. I'm still not really sure how it works. When does it reset and when I don't have to save it?

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• The performance is kept only if it's the last one you used before switching off (at boot, the Profiler remembers what you were doing the last time). In all the other cases you need to save it. It's not really "saved", b\c if you switch elsewhere the Profiler will not remember it any longer.

• The performance is kept only if it's the last one you used before switching off (at boot, the Profiler remembers what you were doing the last time). In all the other cases you need to save it. It's not really "saved", b\c if you switch elsewhere the Profiler will not remember it any longer.

Oh ok, I also thought that in performance mode all adjusting were auto-saved, actually i don't use it a lot cause it's good with my actual foot controller but i would really prefer the autosave the adjusting ( levelor gain,reverb etc) cause it's always what we have to adjust depending to the place you play.

For me it was all the point to be able to change an entire performance very quickly without needed to save each change before adjusting an other sound of the performance, i'm must say that I'm a little bit less impatient to use it now.

• Maybe It's just me , but I don't like that you don't have to save a Rig in a slot in Performance Mode

I kinda like it. But it still feels weird since I'm not used to it. I'm still not really sure how it works. When does it reset and when I don't have to save it?

I thought this was a bit weird at first also, however this is intentional. Edits to a rig in performance mode are NOT auto saved, it appears this way because if you change rigs from within the performance the changes remain. This is so you can edit rigs in a performance and switch between them to compare before saving. This is critically important as it would be difficult to compare say, volume levels between rigs among other things. If your unhappy with edits, or you just wanted a temporary change to the performance, you can switch to another and select it. when you go back it will be unaffected.As pointed out, if you power off with some changes made but unsaved, kemper will remember this but NOT be saved. Same rules apply. I do find myself having to switch to another performance quite a bit to revert edits and it can be inconvenient. Considering the power and versatility involved here, not sure what a better solution is. Perhaps a Cancel edits button after 4.0 is stable ?

• New bug in 4.0.2?

i use the pitch shifter/whammy effect+12 in slot 3 with an expression pedal.
    Sometimes , without touching the pedal, there is a tone like i quikly touch and release the pedal.
    When i switch the effect off, everything is ok.
    I opened a support ticket.

• New bug in 4.0.2?

i use the pitch shifter/whammy effect+12 in slot 3 with an expression pedal.
    Sometimes , without touching the pedal, there is a tone like i quikly touch and release the pedal.
    When i switch the effect off, everything is ok.
    I opened a support ticket.

Have you tried this with a different expression pedal? It sounds to me like a more plausible source of the problem.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Yes i did. Tried it with a new moog ep 3 and with the mission ep1 gn.

The only other thing I can think of is to spray the jack with Deoxit (or something similar). It just doesn't sound like a software bug to me, but then what do I know? 8|

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• @Eltzejupp Did you use the same cable with all of the pedals?

No, i have different cables for the two pedals. When i use the pedal for the morph function everything is ok.
    It only appears when i use it for the pitch.
    It sounds like a digital wipe ( dont know if its the right word), its a very short whammy effect, just for a second and it appears prox 2 times in 10 minutes of playing.
    BTW: I have changed the pu's in my gibson . A super distortion at bridge position and an air norton at neck position. I found your jubilee rig on the exchange and it sounds awesome in both positions and when i use the morph from a chrunchy sound on toe up to a gainy lead sound, boosted with with the green scream and a delay.
    Pure fun. Well done profile. I use it with the boogie cab from guido bungenstock.
    Could be one of my fav marshall sounds!
    Thx for this rig.

Cheers
    Frank

• @Eltzejupp Did you use the same cable with all of the pedals?

Burkhard told me in the support ticket also that i have to try to change the pedals and also that they are working on some issues and i have to wait for the upcoming 4.0.3. if its not a pedal failure.
    The pedals are ok, so i wait for the upcoming fw.

• I found your jubilee rig on the exchange and it sounds awesome in both positions and when i use the morph from a chrunchy sound on toe up to a gainy lead sound, boosted with with the green scream and a delay.
    Pure fun. Well done profile. I use it with the boogie cab from guido bungenstock.
    Could be one of my fav marshall sounds!
    Thx for this rig.

You're welcome! Thank you very much for the compliment :)