FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Don't know what thats mean "elabote".
    Sorry for confusion. What I mean is that sometimes, when I have a connection from KPA to RigManager via USB and I change a perfomance than it is slower than no RigManager is connected.

Maybe he wanted to say "please elaborate", which you now did. :D

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Sharry, Kemper dual switch?

That's what the release notes say: "support for Kemper dual switch". And I also wanna know what that means. Some new cool gear? Something I can spend my money on? 8o

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• I just updated and was so excited since I was the guy that discovered that spillover wasn't working for almost all my performances. Unfortunately it's still not working even if the release notes say "rare loss of spillover during Slot change" was fixed. ;(
    It happens not only when slots are changed but also when I reset my slot by hitting the slot button again after I kicked in some effects temporarily.

Of course I'll open another support ticket asap.

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• Im only taking am educated guess but, I think the dual switch may refer to being able to use an external dual switch for looper functions without having to first hit looper button....OR I could be wrong in which case we will need someone official to clarify.

• Im only taking am educated guess but, I think the dual switch may refer to being able to use an external dual switch for looper functions without having to first hit looper button....OR I could be wrong in which case we will need someone official to clarify.

That would be good since it did not function correctly.

• Does anyone see any reason I shouldn't update to 4.0.3? I'm still on 3.3.0 as I have been playing a lot of live shows and did the want to introduce any bugs. We have a few weeks off now though and I'm thinking I might make the upgrade to 4.0.3 beta if it seems stable.

• You have a few weeks to find out.

Beta is like breaking a radiator hose during a road trip out in the dessert and fixing it with duct tape . It may be OK and it may not. ;)

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Does anyone see any reason I shouldn't update to 4.0.3? I'm still on 3.3.0 as I have been playing a lot of live shows and did the want to introduce any bugs. We have a few weeks off now though and I'm thinking I might make the upgrade to 4.0.3 beta if it seems stable.

As as long as you make a full backup to USB before you update, you have the option of reinstalling 3.3, and reloading your backup, returning your KPA to exactly the way it was before the upgrade to 4.0.3.

• There were more reported crashes where the KPA had to be completely restarted (blank screen etc.), I haven't tried 4.3 but tried the 4.2 and wouldn't gig with it. My honest recommendation would be to try 4.3 for home and studio use, but for giggin as Paults said above, go back to 3.3 (not sure if that's exactly what he said, but you certainly don't want to be reloading a back up in the middle of a gig)

• There were more reported crashes where the KPA had to be completely restarted (blank screen etc.), I haven't tried 4.3 but tried the 4.2 and wouldn't gig with it. My honest recommendation would be to try 4.3 for home and studio use, but for giggin as Paults said above, go back to 3.3 (not sure if that's exactly what he said, but you certainly don't want to be reloading a back up in the middle of a gig)

Just to avoid confusion: It is 4.0.3. There's a long way to go until we hit 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3. ;)

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• Just to avoid confusion: It is 4.0.3. There's a long way to go until we hit 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3. ;)

Thanks for the correction, glad you caught that! I can see the timeline now, we'll be on 4.3 around xmas 2016. Jan 2017 they will announce 5.0 in NAMM with all the delays and reverbs, In April, 2017 5.0 will be out, next year same time we will be on 5.03 :)

• Just installed & 'test-drove' the new v.4.0.3 & low and behold - the one big gripe I had with the previous f/w - the rather uneven & erratic wha sweep - is GONE :thumbup::thumbup: ...

Thanks so much Kemper team !!

Cheers,
    Wolf