FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Hi @klontart
    Please send an email to [email protected] describing the situation you faced.

• (SOLVED) see post below! Thanks Burkhard!
    I found a new glitch with 4.5. Unfortunately during a performance (but that's my fault).

The glitch happened in performance mode. Toggling in between rigs with the volume pedal all the way back. Rigs would load on full volume until I push the pedal forward and back.

• I found a new glitch with 4.5. Unfortunately during a performance (but that's my fault).

The glitch happened in performance mode. Toggling in between rigs with the volume pedal all the way back. Rigs would load on full volume until I push the pedal forward and back.

Please contact support team at [email protected] with your findings. Keep us updated how the story goes.

• I had that yesterday again. Happend at least 6 times in a 2 hour session. I'm not able to reproduce this behavior since some days it works flawlessly and other days it crashes all the time. I wrote Burkhard about it and I'm curious if they have a clue what this is about.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• No, unfortunately, we havn't!

We cannot reproduce this issue and we don't think 4.0.5 is in that respect any different than for example 4.0.4 or our latest 4.0.6. I'm always using our latest Public Betas during rehearsals and never experienced this issue.

Would be interesting to know, if you experience the same under 3.3.0 with identical data.

We need a scenario to reproduce the issue. So far we don't even know, if this is software, hardware or data related.

• Would it help if I place my action cam in front of my Kemper and record it until it happens again?
    Do you really think it could be hardware? :/

What do you mean by data related? Like my performances or even rigs may be corrupted?
    Would you like to take another look into my backup?

Talking about rehearsals ... As long as I don't touch anything and just play and switch a performance or a slot from time to time I never experienced issues like that with the betas.
    This happens at home while tweaking a lot and switch rigs a lot and fast and use the looper etc and store things.

I'm a little busy at the moment but maybe I can check what is going on under 3.3 next week.

Thanks, Burkhard!

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Is Rig Manager connected at that time?

Yes and no. Maybe this could be something!

RigManager was running but of course my MacBook went to sleep at some point. The USB was still connected. After the restart due to the crash the Kemper was trying to connect to RigManager but couldn't because the Mac was sleeping. Then I woke up my Mac and the Kemper finished booting and everything went fine until the next crash.

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• Press and hold RIG while powering on. Keep holding until "Initializing..." appears. No data nor settings will get lost.

Try, if you can reproduce any issue, if Rig Manager is not connected at all.

• Yes and no. Maybe this could be something!

RigManager was running but of course my MacBook went to sleep at some point. The USB was still connected. After the restart due to the crash the Kemper was trying to connect to RigManager but couldn't because the Mac was sleeping. Then I woke up my Mac and the Kemper finished booting and everything went fine until the next crash.

Had a freeze on the interface also with 4.0.5 if RM is connected via my notebook and notebook is sleeping. After a wake up of my notebook immediately the interface on the KPA is also alive!

• We cannot reproduce this issue and we don't think 4.0.5 is in that respect any different than for example 4.0.4 or our latest 4.0.6. I'm always using our latest Public Betas during rehearsals and never experienced this issue.

Would be interesting to know, if you experience the same under 3.3.0 with identical data.

I used 4.0.5 maybe 10 minutes and lost all sound. All the lights remained on and I could still change stomps visually, not a sound. Didn't have this issue with previous beta 4.0's... will briefly try 4.0.6 before going back to 3.3.0 - gig tomorrow night, can't afford this type of crash.

(on further testing it appears my brand new Ernie Ball Music Man Majestic may be the problem, not a Kemper issue at all. I'm shocked... Sound totally cuts out after seconds of playing, and I've done a couple of successful gigs with it. Anyone else have Music Man guitar issues like this??

Gary ô¿ô

Edited once, last by prsgary ().

• Had a freeze on the interface also with 4.0.5 if RM is connected via my notebook and notebook is sleeping. After a wake up of my notebook immediately the interface on the KPA is also alive!

Maybe we're on the right track (RigManager connection, laptop hibernation and so on). Right now I'm tweaking a little and unplugged the USB. After over an hour still no problems at all.

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• (on further testing it appears my brand new Ernie Ball Music Man Majestic may be the problem, not a Kemper issue at all. I'm shocked... Sound totally cuts out after seconds of playing, and I've done a couple of successful gigs with it. Anyone else have Music Man guitar issues like this??[/quote]

quite an expensive guitar to come with an electronics problem... likely a dead battery or switch setting. no expert on these but I know they have a bit more sophisticated electronics.Mono, stereo , piezo, blended. make sure you understand switch settings