[solved] First problem with new firmware!

• But I'm worried the variety of all sorts of issues have to do with the Kemper being maxed out CPU wise. I mean, consider that the KPA doesn't have enough juice to ever offer dual amps in a profile (or so we've been told). So it stands to reason that a host of new features tax the CPU more. This would explain the variety of experiences of different users: It all depends on how taxed your cpu is at the moment, which depends on what you're doing with you Kemper at the moment. You know when your DAW and a host of plugins are going and you're running out of juice, you never know what to expect, so you consolidate/simplify, bounce down, deactivate, and get creative to give your cpu a little more breathing room. Perhaps they are trying to cram to much into the firmware?

• I don't know anything on the matter, but would nevertheless consider this highly unlikely.
    The Profiler's resources are saved for the future enhancements, which are already planned.
    I guess we're far from crashing against the resources' borderline
    :D

• But I'm worried the variety of all sorts of issues have to do with the Kemper being maxed out CPU wise. I mean, consider that the KPA doesn't have enough juice to ever offer dual amps in a profile (or so we've been told). So it stands to reason that a host of new features tax the CPU more. This would explain the variety of experiences of different users: It all depends on how taxed your cpu is at the moment, which depends on what you're doing with you Kemper at the moment. You know when your DAW and a host of plugins are going and you're running out of juice, you never know what to expect, so you consolidate/simplify, bounce down, deactivate, and get creative to give your cpu a little more breathing room. Perhaps they are trying to cram to much into the firmware?

you don't have to worry about that. there is absolutely no reason for that. we are programming DSP code for over 15 years now and we certainly know how to create a performance instrument. the Profiler is very different to a DAW.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I don't know anything on the matter, but would nevertheless consider this highly unlikely.
    The Profiler's resources are saved for the future enhancements, which are already planned.
    I guess we're far from crashing against the resources' borderline
    :D

that's what I figured. For now, KPA with 3.2 is still the best piece of gear I've ever owned and I'll gladly wait as long as needed until the official version is out.

• you don't have to worry about that. there is absolutely no reason for that. we are programming DSP code for over 15 years now and we certainly know how to create a performance instrument. the Profiler is very different to a DAW.
    gs

Thank you so much for chiming in on this, G String.

I have complete faith in you guys, but it's nevertheless reassuring to hear you say this! :thumbup:

• Hey, sorry if I offended you, Andy; I've never sought to upset anyone... ever. Strange, but true, actually.

All I meant was that IMHO anyone who's serious (that's why I said "pro") about his / her gigging wouldn't use firmware that's officially in a test phase. The same would apply to any prototype equipment that hasn't survived the rigours of real-world testing; it's an obvious principle.

Again, I sincerely hope you weren't upset by what I said, and if you were, I'm truly sorry, mate.

• You wouldn't read about it, but I just stumbled upon this whilst trying to catch up on my 60 or so notey-titty-fornications, Andy:

I gigged with Beta 4.0.2 yesterday and all went well except for 1 little hiccup.At first it got stuck on startup, so I turned it off and re-started it and everything was fine for the whole 4 hour gig.Sounded awesome as usual!

Stuck on start-up?

That'd be a close shave, and one I'd rather have standing in front of a mirror than before 1200 people.

I'm sure you got my point anyway, but this risky-livin' thing ain't for the feint of heart, as I'm sure you'll agree.

• Oh yeah, my heart was beating like crazy and the sweat started coming real quick.

I was basically crapping my pants but didn't show it to the sound man.

I just calmly turned it off, waited for it to shut down, crapped my pants a little again, and turned it back on hoping for a miracle and it worked.

Not something I want to go through again!

• Hey Nicky,

Seriously, no offence taken! I think I had just come back from the gig when I read your post ... I spent two whole days tinkering and leaving the Kemper on soak without a problem so took it in to work (as in pic) I will admit to previously having a hairy moment with 4.0.1 when, after soundcheck and a break, I came back to the green screen & later the DSP overload. Probably due to my using a MIDI intensive controller (All Access) By the time I got home the next fix was online and had identified the MIDI problem.
    In the past, I've flipped standby switches on valve amps to that awful crackling sound and on one occasion a plume of smoke just minutes before a show ... and survived to tell that tale
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry!
    Skål

P.S. 40 years a pro.

Andy

• Well, it's a relief to know you took no offence, Andy. Ripper, mate.

Speaking of smoke, I wonder if any came out of vablows' ears:

LOL

With all that crap in your pants I don't suppose you noticed whether or not any smoke came out your ears. :D

• Do you not gig with a backup of some sort? That to me is riskier business