[solved] First problem with new firmware!

• Well, someone wrote here they have never experienced this... this means that only a specific (range of) parameters and conditions combination can trigger the issue.
    The more numerous the beta testers group, the more probable is for flaws and bugs to pop up, but you can never be sure.
    Let's not forget that Eisenberg has shown that you can't determine an algorithm able to determine whether an algorithm is... determined... this is our destiny as a digital world...
    ... is the cat on the table, or it's not? Sometimes, maybe

:D

• Well, someone wrote here they have never experienced this... this means that only a specific (range of) parameters and conditions combination can trigger the issue.
    The more numerous the beta testers group, the more probable is for flaws and bugs to pop up, but you can never be sure.
    Let's not forget that Heisenberg has shown that you can't determine an algorithm able to determine whether an algorithm is... determined... this is our destiny as a digital world...
    ... is the cat on the table, or it's not? Sometimes, maybe

:D

Fixed that for you. ;)

• I find it curious that this particular screen shot has been seen so so so many times....
    Found in Beta and supposed releases....

After how many years ?

Someone can't get a handle on the Midi Servicing code?

And these errors happen during particular UI states?

That would point to a problem in the Main loop code as well.

I'll tell you what the problem is ....
    I will have to assume you are using "Threads"

If not then your using an interupt priority scheme.

If it's Thread based they are stepping on one another.

If it's interupt based your buffering and service methods have issues .

But for the moment let's entertain the notion the programers logic is sound.

Then the ominous Red flag is waving. Or in this case Blue Screen of death.

If this was cut and dry... black and white all that have upgraded and use midi will face this issue.

However I suspect this is not the case!

There is something not quite right about all these uncommon phenomena occurences.

Yes this is true Kemper has yet to release any KAOS that you could consider close to 100% stable >3.02.

Yet you keep adding and switching up the code and appear to act as if there is nothing to fix first. That is perplexing.

The more changes and additions you make to the code the less likely it is for you to ever find or fix what is really at the source of these amomolies.

There will never be any stable release.
    So all of us just need to be aware that what could go wrong might go wrong when you least expect it too.

Yet another reason to cut the initialization boot time to seconds not minutes.

Corrupted Rigs? What corrupted them in the first place. Firmware ? Hardware? Software?
    Gotta be one of the three boys and girls.
    Ohhh it's the mediums fault.....?

I'm not sitting in the IDE chair to lend a hand but when ever I have suspected an internal IC bug is present I would create my own bullet proof method of bypassing or insuring that pointers and or threads , program address stacks etc were forced to do what I expected in the event the Host IC didn't behave.

Pass that on to the youngsters behind the IDE wheel wontcha.

On the behalf of all Kemperians

" We are all counting on you to come through "

And don't call me Shirley.

Cheers

• I made a song where you have to re boot !!, the crowd loved it!!
    (had some girls come out with a sign saying re boot in progress in a bikini)

Sorry ill shut up now. :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• But I ask myself how the release of this issue could be "happen",
    because a lot of people testing a firmware before it will be released.

And so many people had this Midi issue, Kemper should have realized that by testing, or?

This offering is clearly released as BETA.
    People are SUPPOSED to test it. People who don't want bugs need to wait for the final release.
    Kemper is doing the right thing.

http://techterms.com/definition/beta_software

"Beta software refers to computer software that is undergoing testing and has not yet been officially released. The beta phase follows the alpha phase, but precedes the final version. Some beta software is only made available to a select number of users, while other beta programs are released to the general public."

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• It's funny how people shouted gimmegimmegimme before the 4.0 beta... and now that it's here they are complaining it has bugs :D I for one would have taken even more instable version gladly, because right now I don't mind if there were problems. And if I had a gig or something I would downgrade.

• Yes, the Midi issue was fixed very fast. Thanks for that!
    But I ask myself how the release of this issue could be "happen",
    because a lot of people testing a firmware before it will be released.
    And so many people had this Midi issue, Kemper should have realized that by testing, or?

... and they are realising through our testing; it's part of the process. I still see no issue, mate.

• ... and they are realising through our testing; it's part of the process. I still see no issue, mate.

Image was the World says, if Microsoft uses the World as Beta-Tester for their Windows!
    But:
    Rehearsal yesterday evening, no problems, everything is fine.
    Thank you Kemper !!!
    :)

• Yeah, see, Kemper uses beta releases for final beta testing, whereas MS used... official releases for the world to endure... I mean, test. Perhaps service packs were MS's way of saying thank you?

I've never owned a PC. Just joking based upon what I've heard over the years. 8o

• The LCD shuts off the backlight when I turn off any parameter in the rig section: stomps (A,B,C,D), stack (amplifier, EQ, cabinet), and effects (x, mod, delay and reverb).

When I turn them back on the backlight comes back on again.