Pedal Pitch in 4.0.1 not as smooth as it used to be

• As I mentioned in another thread, I found that the pedal pitch effect is not as smooth as it used to be.
    I control the pitch via MIDI CC#4 with a Roland FC-3300.
    Can someone reproduce this?

I recorded a short comparison. First part is on 4.0.1, second on 3.3.0. Even though I think you recognize the issue better while playing, I can hear a difference between those two examples.
    What do you guys think?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ... well, interesting - after installing version 4 I thought the wha sweep hasn't been as smooth as it was before (I'm using a Mission EP1-KP for wha/vol)... firstly I thought it had to do with the calibration of the expression pedal, but calibrating it hasn't made a difference ... with that experience (the wha sweep kind of reflects the 'choppy' sweep of you whammy example) & after listening to your comparison I agree something has changed ... hopefully an easy fix ;)

Cheers,
    Wolf

• Agreed definite difference in the two examples ...haven't tried it on my studio kemper (which has 4.01)

Maybe there is a connection with the problem I wrote in the thread " Vol-Pedal function in Vers 4.0? "
    Something seems to be different with the pedal controls

• From what i hear it is some kind of fixed steps of pitch like transpose from -24 to +24).It remains me early computer game sound.
    In fact now it sounds more like real whammy :)
    I think that it will be good to have both options (smooth / fixed steps).

I don't agree. The Whammy pedal pitch doesn't have steps, at least the Whammy IV doesn't.
    I haven't had the luck to get my hands to a Whammy I yet.

• As I mentioned in another thread, I found that the pedal pitch effect is not as smooth as it used to be.
    I control the pitch via MIDI CC#4 with a Roland FC-3300.
    Can someone reproduce this?

I recorded a short comparison. First part is on 4.0.1, second on 3.3.0. Even though I think you recognize the issue better while playing, I can hear a difference between those two examples.
    What do you guys think?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

well..time to share it with the support... :)

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Yes, I already contacted support.
    I wonder, if this problem occurs for everyone or if it just happened with my Kemper.
    Can someone else please try this out has already done that?

Anyone? Come on, guys...
    If you're in 4.0 and use a midi expression pedal (I guess there are many FCB1010 users) , just put the pedal pitch in any slot and listen, how it sounds..

• I have the first 4 beta loaded and don't hear that stepped pedal pitch.

.I tried pedal pitch with 4.01. (Pedal connected at Remote)
    By moving the pedal very slow I heard that the tone changes in halfton steps but with no transient behavior.
    Obviously my ear (of course the brain) considered it almost as a continuously change. (depending on speed)
    In praxis - for me it would be close enough to use it as a slide.

• .I tried pedal pitch with 4.01. (Pedal connected at Remote)
    By moving the pedal very slow I heard that the tone changes in halfton steps but with no transient behavior.
    Obviously my ear (of course the brain) considered it almost as a continuously change. (depending on speed)
    In praxis - for me it would be close enough to use it as a slide.

If you want, try to connect the Expression Pedal directly to the KPA (Pedal 1 insert) and see if that makes a difference. I tried that at the weekend and I have found that the Exp Pedal directly to the KPA doesen't work as smoothly as it does when it's directly connected to the KPA. I could also see that on the system page with the pedal calibration or in morph-rigs.

• What is the difference of this 2 cases?

Well, I am not certain, of course, because I haven't developed the KPA and its remote. But there is a difference of course, because the values from the expression pedal conncected to the remote have to be sent to the KPA througth the network cable first, before the data can be processed. Just try and see if that makes a difference for you.