What do you like about your KPA Kemper?

• Share the things you like about the Kemper in this thread.

The back is saved when carrying and that special amp, cab and mic setup placement can finally be saved without having to do it again.
    :thumbup:

• The back is saved when carrying and that special amp, cab and mic setup placement can finally be saved without having to do it again.

Actually this. The option to have all in one at this quality level is a dream come true. Use the same soundmachine for practising (headphones), gigs, rehearsals AND recording is just great. One bag and there we go. Ah yes, I dig the toaster's look, too. Perfect size.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Consistency of sound (I get the same exact sound to FOH every time). Stomps and effects sound great, reliability (never had a crash playing live). Basically unlimited sounds depending on which profile you use.

• Been playing over 50 years and have had many, many amps. The most consistently great sounding live tones I've ever had. And I play a little of everything in 2 cover bands from early classic rock to more modern Metal

• Great, easily accessible sounds with all the flex you will ever want ( hence I don't use external pedals except the remote).

When I go FOH only, then convenience will be through the roof!

• I agree with everything everyone else in this thread has said. I get all the sounds I could possibly want in a much more compact and reliable package, and the sounds are simply top-notch. Don't believe me?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am ashamed to admit that while tone was important to me, when I sold my VHT rig and bought my KPA, I was mostly looking to make my rig lighter and easier to setup on stage.

I would still say that this is my biggest love. After all, there aren't many people out there that would argue that a VHT pittbull with a VHT 4x12 cab isn't a fine sounding rig (seriously though..... have any of you lugged one of those cabs around? It's like 2x the weight of a Mesa).

The tone was a surprise. I actually expected to lose tone ..... and I have gained it.

So this is my short list:

• Setup/Tear-down time and portability
    • Tone
    • Ease of creating good sounding rigs
  • Best tone I ever had. Most guitarist who use real amps use the amp they do based on the limited experiences they've had and a limited budget. For myself, my exposure to the world of amps was limited to what the local guitar stores have on hand and their willingness to let you put it through the paces at any volume with your own gear at hand, or watching subjective Youtube clips, and a lot of trial and error. There's only so much time and money and we end up making decisions on the real amps we used based on these limitations. However, when you own Kemper, you can try virtually every amp ever made and you'll end up with favorites that you probably never had a chance to play, let alone try out, gig with, and tweak to your hearts content and come back to the next day or week when you have fresh ears. After a couple of years, you'll likely change your mind a bunch of times and go back and forth, but you'll have a much greater understanding of whats out there and a greater knowledge of what amps you really do have the most us for.