"Pedal Pitch" automation possible?

• Hi Guys,

I use a regular midiswitcher for performances.
    Do you know if it´s possible to "pedal pitch" without a pedal?
    I like to do divebombs/pedal pitch effects with only the midiswitcher.
    Perhaps with touch sensitivity like the autowah functions?

Thanks

With morphing this is totally possible.
    Moprh state 1 = pitch value 1
    Morph state 2 = pitch value 2

• Send a CC#11 message to the Kemper when you hit a switch.

Max value 127, min value 0

Now, when you hit the switch, it should change between the values. When it's at max value (you can tell by the bar that comes on the Kemper screen), make your adjustments.

Hit the switch again and it should move back to the initial values.

Note, for this, your switcher should be able to send note on and note off messages for each footswitch. Not all can do this.

A work around would be to have a single footswitch for sending those values in case stepping on a footswitch twice reverts to default profile as set up on your midi floorboard.

• This from user Robrecht. I quote:

"CC#11 controls the morph state of the current rig directly. This means that any value you send is immediately reflected:
    CC#11=0 > the rig immediately goes to its unmorphed stateCC#11=127 > the rig immediately goes to its fully morphed stateCC#11= any intermediate value > the rig goes to the corresponding intermediate state between unmorphed and fully morphedSo you should use CC#11 for precise, direct control, e.g. as output for a MIDI expression pedal.CC#50-54 are the control change parameters that let you switch to slots 1-5 within the current performance. Sending a non-zero value activates the corresponding slot, sending a non-zero value again toggles it between its morphed and unmorphed state using the preset Rise/Fall Time. In other words: these function exactly like the bottom row buttons on the Remote. So, for instance:
    CC#50=1 > slot 1 of the current performance is selectedCC#50=1 a second time > slot 1 of the current performance morphs to its morphed state over the preset Rise TimeCC#50=1 a third time > slot 1 of the current performance morphs back to its unmorphed state over the preset Fall Timeetc. MirekGR10, this second method is what you were also looking for, I think!"

• With morphing this is totally possible.
    Moprh state 1 = pitch value 1
    Morph state 2 = pitch value 2

Hey Ingolf,

it would be awesome to morph pitch values (...and if I've understood correctly it should be possible).
    Perhaps it's me, but I can't set any pitch or voice interval parameter of any pitching stomp effect to morph.Doesn`t matter if pedal- chromatic- or harmonic pitch is selected.Everything else works fine.
    Are you really sure it can be done or can anyone else confirm or refute this? Greetings!

• Hey Ingolf,

it would be awesome to morph pitch values (...and if I've understood correctly it should be possible).
    Perhaps it's me, but I can't set any pitch or voice interval parameter of any pitching stomp effect to morph.Doesn`t matter if pedal- chromatic- or harmonic pitch is selected.Everything else works fine.
    Are you really sure it can be done or can anyone else confirm or refute this? Greetings!

Welcome, Micha!
    I'll need to re- check this, not at my machine right now.

• Thanks guys for your replies.
    Yes, me too! But I could not wait for the release - it's too exciting!
    I tried it again with midi and expression pedal.Prognosis: seems like you cannot set these parameters to morph.Hope I am wrong or beta is to blame.

• You don;t need Morphing to do this. It has been possible to control the amount of pitch shift with a pedal, since the Pitch FX became available :)

Play one note, and get pitch changing chords (two notes move one way, and four move the other way) with an expression pedal. This is a stratocaster with stock pickups. This Rig is available on the Kemper Rig Exchange.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes, but the original question was if it is possible to so it without a pedal. ;)

• Yes, it was asked if pedal pitch works with a switch, not a pedal.
    I tried it once more with a Monoswitcher in the Pedal1 input at the rear side.
    Morphing worked well, but not as assumed.
    The Sound morphed directly to the destination note (-12).
    So I have no divebomb effect.
    I thought it would scale down over all notes, like it would do with using a pedal.
    Thats apparently not the case.
    This would be a cool feature, for having less equipment on stage.
    Just like I don´t need a wahpedal, because there is autowah.

• There's a setting in either rig or system menu that allows you to set the amount of time for a morph "transition" to occur. This will allow you to get the intermediate notes in-between as the settings transition from A to B.

@hjscheffler "Simply send the same program change twice to engage the morph"

Could you explain this more accurate?

Simple, if you hit a switch on your midi controller, it sends a PC message. Hitting it again, i.e. sending the same PC message, will trigger the morph transition.

• Morphing allows you to set up two versions of a rig and toggle between them by sending the same program change twice. You need to run the latest public beta version to use it.
    You can determine the amount of time it takes to get from one version of the rig (normal pitch) to the other one (transposed pitch).
    Setting up a morphing rig is quite easy and explained in detail in the latest version of the manual.