Alto TS210 & TS212

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

Thanks for the links.

• Looking forward to the review, @Brunos73

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• I'm also interested in your review with the KPA and also with standard music as I might use them for lots of things : rehearsal with !kpa an e-drum on a small mixex, main PA for gigs , wedge for gigs, parties at home (music on CD or connected PC).

• I used the Alto Pro Tourmax SXM112A for two years until the coax-Speaker was overloaded. I was really satisfied with it. But since I now own the Yamaha DXR10 I love the Sounds of my profiles much more.

• Well. after one rehearsal and one gig with the Alto Ts210 here is my review:

preface 1: I play Hard Rock in a band with 2 guitars. My main guitar is a PRS C24.
    preface 2: The gig was in an average pub with a small stage barely capable of hosting the 5 of us.

I have used the Alto TS 210 as monitor and main out in the PA.

I have to say the speaker works great. I just had to decrease the low frequencies and increase a bit the presence and the feel was actually very realistic and natural. Volume was huge. All the band could hear me very well and they enjoyed a lot my tone as much as I did. Maybe my sound from the monitor was even better than what was coming out from the PA.
    I think that in little venues I could use it as a BL, like an amp, I don't think I'll miss the guitar cab.

in conclusion: I think that if you are not a professional and play just for fun, the Alto is a very good compromise. Cheap with very good performance.

Cheers,

Peter

I think soon I'll buy the DXR10 and will make a direct comparison.

• Thanks for your quick review @Brunos73 - comparison between ALRO and DXR10 would be most appreciated by community I believe!

• I've been using a TS212 for over a year .....

Maybe you've been using the TS112? The 212 has been launched this year and it is completely a new product so it's impossible you have been using it for more than a year.
    I'm sure with the TS2 series Alto has considerably reduced the gap (in terms of sound quality) with the Yamaha DXR.

Edited 2 times, last by Brunos73 ().

• @skoczy:

I received it, and played through it once for about a half hour. Then life got in the way. If all goes well, I will get to work with it this weekend.

My initial impression is positive, but I did experience an issue that requires me finding some place to play it other than my house, which is an RFI nightmare. In other words, I got a lot of buzzing and noise that I don't expect are an issue with the Alto itself, but until I can play it in a more 'stable' environment, I can't rule it out as an issue, and its so annoying that trying to do stuff at home is almost impossible.