Reamping with Focusrite

• I am attempting to reamp. I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for an interface. Logic Pro X as my DAW.....(One) L Main out to interface input 1, interface R output to return input on kemper ...I'm using TS cables. I do not have SPDIF out on my interface...when I adjust the input source on kemper to return, I get feedback most of the time. Depending on rig. When I record, I get the DI signal with feedback ....not sure if I should be using TRS cables, or I need a dif interface for this to work.

• I do not have SPDIF on my interface...MENTAL...
    sorry Michael_dk.. I don't even know what mix control setup is. If that is something that is installed with an interface, mine does not have it. Only the larger focus rite interfaces have that. I'm also new to forums, and I'm not even sure how to "see your signature"...I'm not used to things not working. Using a Mac , EZmix software , addictive drums... Everything works. Tryin to get the kemper to re amp is not simple.

• I don't believe I have input monitoring on.. Should it be on ? That might be the issue.. I appreciate your continued conversation.. Hope I can get this to work without buying a new interface...

• Make sure that the 'Direct Monitor' switch on the front of your Scarlett is set to off. You need to unroute the DAWs output from Scarletts output as it is needed to carry the DI track to the Profilers Return Input (route the recorded DI track to the output connected to your Profiler). You can only monitor through headphones while reamping. HTH

• Hi evenian,

Sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your 2i2.

I'm not too sure that I understand the routing that you've described. An example way to set this up would be:

- Set your dry track in Logic to Output 1
    - Connect output 1 on the Scarlett to the input on the Kemper
    - Connect the output of the Kemper back to input 1 on the front of the Scarlett (be sure to use a 1/4 inch jack connection into the Scarlett to avoid engaging the mic preamp)
    - Set Direct Monitor 'off' on the front of the Scarlett
    - Create a new track in Logic and set this to input 1
    - Mute the track, then press record

Unfortunately I can't really think of a way that you could do this and be able to monitor the signal at the same time without incurring a feedback loop, if you don't mute the track you will end up sending this round the loop as well, which would explain the problem you're having.

You might therefore be better with an interface that has more than 2 inputs/outputs, for example the Scarlett 6i6 (which also has SPDIF): https://focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-6i6

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best,
    Jack // Focusrite Tech Support

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

• I took everyones advice and I got it to reamp without feedback. The only prob is the volume of the recording. The volume is low, and the distortion is low. It sounds like I recorded a distorted guitar with the volume knob on my guitar turned off 90%... I need to boost the output volume.. Anyone have any ideas ? Also, not sure if I have it set up right , but the sound I want the DI guitar to become, is what I have on the kemper screen... Thanks again for the advice thus far...

• I took everyones advice and I got it to reamp without feedback. The only prob is the volume of the recording. The volume is low, and the distortion is low. It sounds like I recorded a distorted guitar with the volume knob on my guitar turned off 90%... I need to boost the output volume.. Anyone have any ideas ? Also, not sure if I have it set up right , but the sound I want the DI guitar to become, is what I have on the kemper screen... Thanks again for the advice thus far...

Used the 2i2 too. Put the master volume higher to get more volume into your interface. Also use the main outs of the KPA

• I tried to raise the Reamp Sense, but it didn't change volume. I am using the main outs on kemper.. I will try to raise master volume, I assume u mean on the kemper ....thanks