How many profiles are you keeping on your kemper?

• I have around 30 in the KPA. I use about 10 of them frequently in my band and they are in 3 performance banks each tweaked for a certain guitar.
    The performance banks are setup from clean to lead (clean, clean with a bit of dirt, crunch, heavy, lead). However now with morph I have much more options so I might rethink my current layout.

The other profiles on the KPA are my top favorites/"classics" or profiles I use for a recording session.
    In RM I have around 24K of rigs incl. factory rigs and a local copy of RE.

• i was down to 7 on my kemper. again now more than 200. want to return to only the best on the machine, makes life easier.

more than 12.000 on my RM

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• As soon as I got the KPA, I started to feed it with basically every profile that sounded good to my ears... Then I figured out I had too many good sounds on the unit (> 600), but only 1 guitar and 2 ears to use them all! :)

I cut them down to 300 and I keep sorting them, my target is to reach approx 50 good profiles on the unit, the rest will be stored in RM.

• tried out a lot and reduced to 300 right now... i just did not find time to compare all of'em yet. but my goal is to just keep 30-40 of them.
    i'm actually using 20 of them right now.

• So it seems everyone is quite different. I deleted everything and started from scratch. I'm hoping to stay below the hundred mark. The number of profiles trends to creep up really fast though.

Looking forward to profiling my own amps soon though. I can't wait to have my dr504 tone at gig volume!

• I've fount that profiling your own stuff with a clear idea of what is your actual goal was the best solution for me, like a dozen rigs for each of my guitar (strat , LP, hollow). this covers 90% of my needs.

I also keep a collection of reference tones in my RM for recording , a few emblematic fenders, JCM800, AC30, wizard , boogie mark IIC+ as well as a few FXs rigs (fuzz, pads,basslike ...), this is the other 10% 'icing on the cake'

the whole collection could be a hundred profiles & rigs.

• I've fount that profiling your own stuff with a clear idea of what is your actual goal was the best solution for me, like a dozen rigs for each of my guitar (strat , LP, hollow). this covers 90% of my needs.

I also keep a collection of reference tones in my RM for recording , a few emblematic fenders, JCM800, AC30, wizard , boogie mark IIC+ as well as a few FXs rigs (fuzz, pads,basslike ...), this is the other 10% 'icing on the cake'

the whole collection could be a hundred profiles & rigs.

this guy gets it for sure... Really having an idea of what it is you're trying to accomplish and an in depth look at what you actually need and why is best practice I think, that is if your job depends on it and you Play for a living.what Is my goal,
    is what I ask myself everytime i audition a rig and think it could potentially be apart of my live performance; because so many tones and colors/flavors of tones overlap and little nuances often make the difference for me, this is paramount to me to maintain discipline.

• Kemper Full ! Rig manager almost full , see how much i have to scroll down still? (check picture)
    My house is clean tho :thumbup:

Its just because i have a Gretch white falcon, Loomis Schecter new 7 string, Strat, Les paul AND a dam 9 string
    i need to explore a lot..of sounds for them. Any one got an extra pair of hands to sell me?

Sorry guys i am left handed
    TEE HEE (so you cant lend them off me lol) :D

I better not mention my acoustics here LOL

Ash

• OMG 900 commercial profiles you're a business market on your own ;)
    ~150 on the toaster for me, ~1000 in RM. I connect them twice a month approx.
    none commercial, plenty of timowens, jerevil, sirius and oraakkeli's as well freebies from mbritt. *
    if I had to go to commercial, I'd probably look for a great plexi (so far mbritt's the best sounding IMHO) and rigbuster's klon centaur package (the free one is awesome to me)

to my ears, the soundside rig packs are insanely more accurate and tight than the bittt ones'
    saying this by my testing them in my studio monitors