First Profile Thouhts

• VHT Pittbull 5012

Am I thinking right here?

1) Full Gain class AB
    2) full gain class AB with reverb
    3) full gain class A
    4) full gain class A w reverb

?? should I do the above at 1/3rd gain levels.. or is the Kemper flexible enough? My initial understanding is that I just did one profile, but after reading it seems people are much more detailed and don't trust the kemper as having the same sound range as the amp that they are profiling?

?? do I need to run cleans AB/A with and without reverb?

if so i would have a bit of work
    1) full gain ab, full gain ab w reverb, full gain a, full gain a with reverb
    2) half gain ab, half ain ab w reverb, half fain ab, half gain ab with reverb
    3) clean A, clean A with reverb, clean ab, clean ab with reverb

Thanks-sg

• Hello Scott,

reverbs will not get profiled.

As for how versatile the profiles are, imagine about a 20% on the Gain settings.

Also, keep in mind that the Profiler's tonestack doesn't respond like the real amp.

Hint: a distorted\crunch profile will be more faithful to the real rig when dialled down than the other way around.

HTH

Enjoy your Profiler!

• As mentioned, you don't profile reverb (or any other time based effects), so skip that.

I'd profile at maximum gain (that you would use), medium gain, and clean (or rather, clean with a tiiiiny bit of hair, as that's easily dialled out).

For each profile, set the amp so that it sounds as good as possible to you and your guitar.

• there have been times in my life when I've never had enough LOL.. my 5150 III is the first time I've ever turned down the gain.. that red channel sounds like wasps getting loose when you cut the guitar volume and just listen to the amp.. -sg

• You obviously don't have to profile medium and clean if you never use it :D However, the profiling process doesn't take long so one might as well do plenty when everything is set up. Then throw away the ones you don't want afterwards.

• LOL

If this is the case, point 1. and 3. of your list will do the job :D

But you might be surprised by how the Profiler can tame any amp and make something new out of it ;)

--maybe it can make my amp useable LOL.

I kept the VHT for the Clean Tones.. it is the most brutally honest amp I've ever played... and you need to get it up past 3 till it will forgive you a bit.. a total dud at <2. The thing is BRUTALLY loud. I was jamming with a buddy and cranked to 3.5 and he almost fell off is stool when I drilled a chord.

Anytime I'm feeling good as a player I simply plug back into the VHT to bring myself back down to earth LOL. It cuts thru a mix, but on a bad day it makes u sound like Little Wayne or Nick Jonas. If you ever had a song where you couldn't quite finish a riff on spot every time RUN very far way from the 5012. <X

After 2 years of woodshedding (guided by a pro guitar player with a music degree) my playing has improved enough to play my VHT. You really have to play clean and tight on that bastard.. they should named it the "Guitar Player Hating Bastard" instead of the Pittbull. -sg