Kemper + JHS @ (Andy Timmons) Pedal

• Hi Guys,

I decided to cover an Andy Timmons Song. Just for fun I wanted to see how close I could get to his sound.

The song I chose was “The Prayer The Answer” based on Andy’s Youtube performance on the Mesa boogie Channel. I Just love this song!

I used the Kemper with a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Profile by lonestargtr. In front of the Kemper I used a JHS @ pedal. I also used an Ibanez AT10 Guitar.

I’m not sure if its close or not………. Andy has MAJIC hands lol. I enjoyed doing this and I like the finished recording……… I think :)

Hope you enjoy this.

John

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

Edited 2 times, last by johnboy10 ().

• That was awesome!
    I'm using the JHS Angry Charlie AT as well as many other great pedals in front of the Kemper.
    Thanks for the killer demo.
    I've got all Michael's profiles, which is this?
    I'm guessing the Cal Texan profile pack 3 ...

Edited 2 times, last by ECma7 ().

• That was awesome!
    I'm using the JHS Angry Charlie AT as well as many other great pedals in front of the Kemper.
    Thanks for the killer demo.
    I've got all Michael's profiles, which is this?
    I'm guessing the Cal Texan profile pack 3 ...

Thanks for the kind words ECma7
    You guessed correct Cal Texan profile pack 3 well done.

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

• Nice job, sounds great. Did you use a stock clean profile from Michael as the starting point? If so do you mind sharing which one.
    thanks
    sean

Hi Sean

I used the Cal Texan profile pack 3 no tweaks , then added the JHS@ pedal for the overdrive sound.

John

• I always use the Xotic BB Preamp and was intrigued with this pedal and it's additional eq shaping potential. Bought it and tried it with the KPA for a week and just couldn't get it to sound as good to me as the BB Preamp does. I guess it just doesn;t work with my specific profiles (which are of my own Mesa rig). Great video though and you have it sounding fantastic! Love me some Andy Timmons.

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• Cool :thumbup:

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I always use the Xotic BB Preamp and was intrigued with this pedal and it's additional eq shaping potential. Bought it and tried it with the KPA for a week and just couldn't get it to sound as good to me as the BB Preamp does. I guess it just doesn;t work with my specific profiles (which are of my own Mesa rig). Great video though and you have it sounding fantastic! Love me some Andy Timmons.

Thanks so much for the great comment. I love a bit of Andy Timmoms too.

• Hi, awesome tone and playing! Have you also tried other Lonestar Profiles (Soundside etc) or why was the Cal Texan your preferred choice? What are your settings for the JHS AT? Cheers Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for your great comment!

I have not tried any other Lonestar profiles, the one I used was in a pack I got from Michael Britt. It sounded great to me so went with that one...

Attached is a pic with the AT Pedal setting.

Hope that helps

John

• Hi Johnboy10,

I tried to cover this amazing song not with my Kemper but with my Mesa Boogie Mark V.
    And sounds like this.....what you think about the tone?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.