4.0 Morphing and Delay Time (Free Delay vs Analog Delay)

• Howdy
    I'd like to use my expression pedal to control the Delay Time, but without changing the pitch, so I'd need to use the Free Delay.
    I don't know how to select the Free Delay in the Legacy Delay section, it seems I can only change from the Tap Tempo to the Analog Delay. I can assign the Delay time to the Analog Delay, but it creates crazy pitch modulation (which is fun, but not always what I'm looking for)
    Any help?
    Thanks

• Ah, I think I understand now. You're controlling the delay time with your pedal and as the delay time is changing the pitch of the repeats is changing too, right?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I don't think that the free delay is the solution you're looking for, because with the free delay you'll change the delay time too (but in ms not in musical values). Does it make any difference if the delay is pre or post stack?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hey, thanks for your replies
    I actually think it's the Free Delay I'm looking for, as it used to work before 4.0 but I had to change the delay time manually on the kemper. Now I'd like to do the same thing, but with an expression pedal.
    In fact I think this was the only difference between the Free and Analog Delay: the Time parameter would change the pitch in the Analog Delay, but not in the Free Delay; otherwise they sounded exactly the same.
    Cheers

• Hey, thanks for your replies
    I actually think it's the Free Delay I'm looking for, as it used to work before 4.0 but I had to change the delay time manually on the kemper. Now I'd like to do the same thing, but with an expression pedal.
    In fact I think this was the only difference between the Free and Analog Delay: the Time parameter would change the pitch in the Analog Delay, but not in the Free Delay; otherwise they sounded exactly the same.
    Cheers

This!
    In fact, all three delays sounded exactly the same. The only differences were the one you mentioned and the ability to sync to tempo (Tap Delay).

• In fact I think this was the only difference between the Free and Analog Delay: the Time parameter would change the pitch in the Analog Delay, but not in the Free Delay; otherwise they sounded exactly the same.

Yes, that's how the manual described it: with Analog Delay you got "the Doppler effect like in an old bucket brigade", with the Free Delay you could change the delay time live "without artefacts".

As far as I can see there doesn't seem to be a way to distinguish between the two in the Legacy Delay...

• I noticed that when they first converted them all to legacy there is no distinction between analog and free delay .
    I use analog specifically for the fact that the pitch changes when changing delay time to create tom scholtz hyperspace sounds. so that part still works for me thankfully using legacy delay !. so it seems the only option is analog delay or tempo synced , maybe the plan was they are adding those delays back in the upcoming firmware as part of the new delays