Just purchased a Atomic Amplifier-Need monitors for my living room.

• Just a question about connectors. I just looked at the Amplifire manual (LINK) and I am not sure what cables I need to connect to to the two KRK RP6 RoKot G3. Any ideas? Do I need to go into the balanced or unbalanced input?

• I wont be playing live so thats not an issue. All I want is a couple (or one) nice sounding monitors that will sound better or as good as my yamaha thr 10 speaker at low/medium volumes. The only reason I switched to the Amplifire is because I wanted more presets and more variety.

So you are saying for my puproses the M-Audio BX8 D2 or KRK RP6 RoKit G3 Bundle will sound just as good as a DXR10?

Just a question about connectors. I just looked at the Amplifire manual (LINK) and I am not sure what cables I need to connect to to the two KRK RP6 RoKot G3. Any ideas? Do I need to go into the balanced or unbalanced input?

I use Alesis M1Active, Yamaha HS80m and now DRX12. I started with the Alesis ( 5' Woofer - 50W, with 25W tweeter), which give good at low volume, but don't have the power for the guitar dynamics - they are better for mix monitoring than live guitar play. HS80 are much better in volume (8' woofer 75W amp and better low freq) to use with Guitar & Kemper on Monitors as they give better balanced frequency range - Alesis at low volume you would need to compensate with EQ ifo room. I finally took a DXR12 onboard to "feel" sound better - it might also be called "amp in the room" - but this needs even higher volume to do this. So it all depends on what you expect from your experience. Find a shop where they have the patience for you to compare - however, ordering online and compare at home is best experience . Also find the volume at which you would play it normally in your living room, as the speakers seem to have their own volume sweet spot.

For noise avoidance, seems balanced to balanced is best. My profire2626 audio interface has balanced TRS out which linked to HS80 TRS balanced input provide fairly noiseless repro. For DXR just swapped to using XLR with a TRS to mono adaptor jack, as mono TS jack into my pro2626 balanced out gave loads of noise into DXR mono jack in (unbalanced). So in short make sure you have same in and outs, with preference to balanced, or gets correct lead to link up. seems my XLR adapter to mono TS did the trick, but ordere a XLR to Stereo/ TRS adaptor to make it balanced - balanced connection.