Question regarding remote's display

• Hi guys,

I have searched the web and the forum but couldn't find the answer to this (I don't have a remote myself, yet):
    What exactly is displayed on the remote's display when I'm in performance mode?
    From what i saw on pictures, it show the Name of the Performance as well as 5 Names regarding the Slots.
    But here is what I don't understand: Are those the Rig-Names or the Slot-Names?

I have several performances for different songs. The Slots are named after the corresponding part of the song (intro, chorus, verse, solo, etc.).
    But in general I only use approx. 4 different rigs (with different settings for different songs).
    So if the remote would just show the Rig-Name I wouldn't know if this is the slot with the solo-settings or the one for the intro (I hope you understand what i mean :D )

Also I noticed that there seem to be different modes for the display of the remote, but I didn't find detailled information about the differences as well.
    So I would really appreciate if you could enlighten me :thumbup:

Regards,
    LH

• System - screen 12/18 - Soft button 1 .
    You can choose
    Display Layout A: shows Performance Nr and Performance name and below the Rig names with small letters and which is activated.
    Display Layout B: shows additional the abbreviations of effect slots of the current rig and which are activated

• Thank you Sharry!

So there is now way i can see the slot-names on the remote?
    Why do we have the slot-names then?

To me, it is much more important to see, which part of the song this slot is for, than to see which amp i'm using.
    And if you want to know which amp you are using, you can just name the slot after the rig.

Or did i get something wrong here?

• Hi, I don't have my remote at home at the moment, but if I remeber it correct, in display mode A you see in the first line the performance number and name. In the second line you see the name of the choosen rig, which is in most cases the amp name, but this depends on the name you gave the rig in browser mode. In the last line you can see the slot names of the performance slots. The active slot has a black background.
    This design is important for me too, because I want to know if I am in for example the bridge or the chorus.
    I hope this is what you were looking for.

• Thank you DanFran! If this is correct, it would suit my needs just fine :thumbup:

At Sharry: I think we got a missunderstanding there. I wasn’t talking about the stomps but about the 5 Slots of the performance.
    I’m sorry, if i got you wrong there!

Maybe if someone could provide pics of his remote screen in performance mode that would make it easier.

• At Sharry: I think we got a missunderstanding there. I wasn’t talking about the stomps but about the 5 Slots of the performance.
    I’m sorry, if i got you wrong there!

Could be there is a misunderstanding . I was talking about the advantage of "Display Layout B" to see also the content of stomp/effect slot of the current rig in performance mode.
    The Rigs of a performance are shown in every display versions.

• Here is a picture (the performance and slot names are in german):

I you want an additional Information, what is the content in the effects slots of the current Rig and which is active then try "Display Layout B" System setting - screen 12/18 - Soft button 1 .

• I you want an additional Information, what is the content in the effects slots of the current Rig and which is active then try "Display Layout B" System setting - screen 12/18 - Soft button 1 .

Yes, you can change the layout. As I use stomp switches not often the layout you can see in my picture is more clear to me. For those who use stomp switches the layout Sharry mentioned is the one to choose.

• Thank you! That's exactly what i was searching for.

Do you have problems reading the slot names (third row) when you are on stage? They seem to be rather small.
    To me it would make much more sense to display the slot names in the middle and as big as the rig name.

• The slot names are small but as I only use names like intro, verse, chorus and so on it is enough to see where I am in the song. The problem is that you can use five slots in a performance and each name must be seen on the screen so that you know which slot is choosable with which switch. This is why they are small.
    But maybe it could be useful to see the name of the active slot in the second row and with big letters. You can start a feature request if you like.