Performance Mode, gain stays the same and does not change

• When I use the "Performance Mode" The gain applies itself to every slot and performance, instead of the slot being just the way it was in the pool. No matter what I do, when I bring a rig in to "Performance Mode", whatever the gain is set to at the moment, that's what the profile plays with. So I can't even switch between a clean tone and a distorted tone. PLEASE HELP!

• My guess is that you may have the Gain control Locked in Performance Mode.

When you try to adjust Gain, does the Lock button light up?

Hi Paul,

I am not in front of my KPA at the moment...but your reply to Harleybutz has raised a question of my own. How exactly do you individually "lock" just the Gain knob, or the Noise Gate knob, for example?? I mean, I understand how you lock individual stompoxes of effects, or entire sections, such as the Input Section, Amp, Stack, Output sections, etc., but I guess I assumed that the individual Gain and Noise Gate knobs were somehow exempt from the "locking" process.

Not that I would want to lock these two particular parameters...but how exactly would you do it?

Thanks in advance,
    John

• The entire amplifier section would have to be locked for the Gain control to be locked - if moving the Gain knob does not display the Lock button light, it may be necessary to press the amp button to see the light.

The Noise Gate setting can be made global by locking the Input Section, I think.

Yes, that is what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,
    John

• My guess is that you may have the Gain control Locked in Performance Mode.

When you try to adjust Gain, does the Lock button light up?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I went into performance mode, and it was lighting up. So I pressed the lock button, and noticed the Amplifier button lit up. I guess it was subtle, i never noticed it. As soon as i unlock the amplifier, the gain changed from performance to performance! Thank you for everything. A great, great stress has been relieved!