Software vs Buttons

• have not bot my Kemper yet (probably when back from a trip I'm taking). A lot of guys love hands-on devices, ie tweaking knobs and equipment they can hold.. I'm just the opposite. I prefer a mouse, 2 monitors and pure DAW format. How close is Kemper to being totally usable without messing with the device??.. and if it is not there yet, do you guys envision the device getting to a point with software control standpoint? I can't stand nested menu's and all these "simple" devices where everything is 5 levels deep.. at the worse I would like one knob for each function (that seems to be where the device is..)

Here is where I hope Kemper is at..

profiling.. you are profiling analog style so you need your cables and mic's for total profile, or at least your cables for a pre-amp profile...a this point I would like to be done with the device.. with "locking" and saving on the machine..

*it sounds like I can cut/drop/copy/paste/preview rigs between rig manager and the device?

*can I somehow site and drop rigs with effects right into the 5 performance slots.. if so is this easy and intuitive? Going thru nested LCD menus on the remote switch screams "1993" to me

*if my buddy profiles his new Orange Amp he can email over.. or at the very least give me google drive or dropbox access to get a copy (or he can just share it with the whole world on rig manager)

What are the limitations.. eventually is there a whole virtual connection the the rig.. will I be able to tweak parameters (if I can't already) via a software clone while I'm connected via USB.. is there WIFI capability on the device. is it coming? As cool as this devices seems it seems to be a bit "dinosaurish" conceptually.

Trusted sources have told me this is there best music purchase and 15+ years, and I want to feel the same way. I don't recall ever putting 15+ hourse into something I haven't even purchase yet.. but yea I'm that guy.. the guy who.. looks at amps.. then compares the number of preamp and power amp tubes to the other 3 models that I might buy. The guy that lists his midi files in different ways so the are searchable for different projects.. I probably learn 10 minutes of ever 15 seconds of music I actually track. It's tough being a songwriter/guitar player/producer/engineer/social marketer.. but that's what it seems to take these days. This device should really speed up my process.. I won' t have to re-mic and take snapshots of settings for projects when I go back to fix or overdub.. and my wife will stop throwing tantrums when I get my amps up past 1.5 on the volume knob, as I'll full out good amp sounds at headphone volumes.

my other dilema is space. the rack mount could sit right under my monitor shelf even with the keyboard.. the lunchbox takes up a lot more room.. the rack doesn't have LED around the knobs.. powered or unpowered (I think I'll go un powered, I can just run it thru my effects loop or buy a powered monitor)-sg

• What you can do with Rig Manager (the associated App to the Profiler) is transfer\cancel\organize files, edit their tags, listen to them from the rig Exchange or your computer, manage backups, create\delete performances, reorder and (re)name them, move rigs between performances.

HTH