Yamaha THR100HD -- Any thoughts

• Hi community,

did anybody try the Yamaha THR100HD amp? It sounds quite impressive in Youtube and its simplicity is encouraging.

Here one example:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for feedback

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

• Looks like you've been morphed to non-amper @Zappledan ;)

... and you've morphed from a non-verber, Skocz. Morphed = verb. Only kidding of course; this only applies in the "I accidentally My Kemper" thread.

Guys, guys, guys... I thought this Yammy was a modeller, and not an amp in the sense we generally mean, which is of the tube-ified variety.

If it's the same one Andertons did a demo of last year, then it sure has some thump and balls and this German video certainly doesn't convey this. In fact, I found it scratchy-sounding, and can't help but wonder whether or not a direct feed (using whatever cab sim/s it has onboard, which I assume it does have) would've sounded a whole lot sweeter. The Andertons demo played the head through a small PA I think; I seem to recall something about their having put it through a mixer, which would make sense.

We need profiles of it in any case.

• It sounds quite impressive in Youtube and its simplicity is encouraging.

Sounds pretty good and authentic.
    But anyway I don't want to go back a step and do not want to carry a lot of effects with me anymore.
    I lost my heart to the all in one solution, which gives a lot of more possibilities and very good sounds for me.
    As long so much good profiles are available I do not need a gear for what you need to have a lot experience to tweak an amplifier.

BTW: I expected an english video. The first words are spoken very fast so it didn't capture it in the first moment with my austrian ear. ^^

• my lillte review from a couple a days with it:

- into the cabs ( masrhall 2061cx 2 x G12H-30 , framus 1 x greenback ) doesnt sound or feels like a "real" tube amp.

is missing that "sparkle" , compression and fullness that tubes have.

it has a low hum too high compared with my tubes amps.

- direct , compared to the KPA

overdrive sounds really close to the KPA , in "tone" and dynamics , but couldn´t get a clean sound that i liked.

maybe with the right ir´s it could , but i didnt wont to waiste more time with it.

and no, i didnt profile it, profiling amp sim´s is a waiste of time imho, there are lots of good profiles already.

in the end , is a nice product , but to expensive for a two channel digital amp with no presets, fx etc.

Edited 2 times, last by Kosta ().

• thanks for your opinion on it.