Acoustic Simulator

• I have a profile called TDR acoustic sim, it's better than anything iv'e heard in terms of acoustic simulation profiles(better than free or comercial profiles).

I don't remember precisely the name of the person from where I got it(i got it a few years ago), but from what i can remember i got it from the gear page from an Axe fx user who at the time had a borrowed Kemper and made some profiles of his axe fx presets.

I know this because i remember that the fellow who made those profiles was dissing hard the Kemper at that time(that's the gear page for you!).

Still while most of his profiles weren't that good(imo), there was that little gem called TDR Acoustic profile.I suppose if you search on google you might find the profile.

Given the nature of the Kemper profiler I don't think there's a need for an acoustic simulator, what you need Is a great acoustic profile.

There's some regular users around here now who have Axe Fx units, I'm sure they would be able to make some acoustic profiles.

• Why do you need an Axe FX to make a good acoustic profile?

• Which is?

Dont know - thats why I am looking for. ;)

I use 'Piezo Fishman from Adrian Aceituno - 2012-09-22 23:10:56 from RE.
    I have a fishman power bridge with piezo in my Strat. (Mixable with magn. PU)
    For me better than all acoustic simulators I found but not as good than a good acoustic guitar.
    At the moment I need only for acoustic guitar accompaniment by strumming or arpeggios with plectrum. It's good enough for my purpose.

BTW: this Profile sounds also good for Strat (without Piezo) at switch position 2 and with addition of some heights and presence. I added an EQ.

• Why do you need an Axe FX to make a good acoustic profile?

Given the quality of the profile im talking i asume the unit is very capable of producing acosutic simulations.
    The profile i use is a few years old, so i suposse some people around here could probably make a better new one.

Iv'e played all the free acoustic profiles on the rig exchange (and some comercial), and the axe fx acoustic profile is still the only one i use.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Me too! And, imho a very underrated guitar!!! :thumbup:

Agree wrt playability and the analog circuitry, but the quality of the proprietary switches for the variax-circuit is horribe. At least that's my experience with a Korean-built JTV59 that I had. I owned it for a year, but could only use if for a few weeks. It spent most of its time in a workshop waiting for parts. The frets were uneven on arrival so I wasted a bit extra on a plek-job. The guitar had a comfy neck and decent sounding humbuckers so in analog-mode it would work as a stand-in for my LPC, but the modelling-switches made that part a complete disaster. This was when L6 still operated on their own so maybe Yamaha with their attention to build-quality could bring some positive influence. I haven't tried a more recent example so I can't tell if the switches yet have been redesigned to last longer.

Edited once, last by heldal ().