[SOLVED] Rig Manager broke my Kemper! (4.0.1) And I can't get it to work anymore!

• Hi Folks,

I desperately need your help now:

I was changing some performances in Rig Manager when suddenly an error occurred:

[Blocked Image: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1450/26588468976_9924c3546f.jpg]IMG_0442

Afterwards I tried to just restart it as stated but the error persisted. So I tried to upgrade to 4.0.2 from 4.0.1 but the error still persisted.
    Then I thought of downgrading to 3.3.0 but guess what the error occurred again.

Of course I also tried booting with holding down "System", "RIG" and also "QUICK".

Is there no chance to completely reset it to defaults without booting it? Booting it is obviously not possible ...

I'm so looking forward to seeing you guys helping me.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

[Blocked Image: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1589/26588472456_deae56a29d.jpg]IMG_0443

[Blocked Image: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1445/26614580745_6b12ae7a38.jpg]IMG_0444

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

Edited once, last by 10w73 ().

• I forgot about the maintenance mode (boot while pushing down the left soft button above the display). I was able to completely erase my flash memory and now it boots up again!

Whuuuuuuu I'm relieved!

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Of course I opened up a support ticket anyways. Hopefully this will make the firmware even more stable.

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• I quote from Burkhard's post:

"In rare situations 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 Public Beta could damage Rigs and Performances during upload to Rig Manager. Users experiencing error messages when loading particular Rigs or Performances should restore the backup created before upgrading to 4.X."

In case you have some data corruption restoring a backup from before you went to 4.0.x might be the only reliable solution.

Just saw you fixed it - OK - Congrats - happy for you!

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I quote from Burkhard's post:

"In rare situations 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 Public Beta could damage Rigs and Performances during upload to Rig Manager. Users experiencing error messages when loading particular Rigs or Performances should restore the backup created before upgrading to 4.X."

In case you have some data corruption restoring a backup from before you went to 4.0.x might be the only reliable solution

I know about that but in my case I wasn't able to recover since I wasn't able to boot! Of course I got plenty of backups.

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• You're relieved?! My friend and I were watching this (helplessly), waiting for someone to come along and fix it!
    Seriously, we could do with a 'sticky', somewhere on the forum, with all the various boot up options especially while we are in Beta mode.

Think that would be a nice Idea. So did I help you? Could you manage to boot in Maintenance Mode?

Cheers!

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• I know about that but in my case I wasn't able to recover since I wasn't able to boot! Of course I got plenty of backups.

Make shut down, insert the USB with the new kaos.bin in the root , hold the buttons "<" and ">" simultan and start the profiler.
    This should cause also an update of OS.

• Make shut down, insert the USB with the new kaos.bin in the root , hold the buttons "<" and ">" simultan and start the profiler.
    This should cause also an update of OS.

As I said: I did that, the error persisted and I wasn't able to do anything until I found out about "Maintenance Mode" which I described earlier. The problem is already fixed.

Thank you anyways! :D

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

• Think that would be a nice Idea. So did I help you? Could you manage to boot in Maintenance Mode?

Help not needed (just yet!), but it's good to know that there are 'ways' to fix things before venturing into any new updates. I'm sitting on 4.0.1 at the moment (and happy to gig on it), I think I'll wait a while until the backup problem is fixed. Skål!